Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Does your tom decoy have to strut?? >

Does your tom decoy have to strut??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does your tom decoy have to strut??

Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

I never had much luck with the jake decoys. But last year I had a full strut decoy and sealed the deal on the last day of the Indiana season. I now have a brand new B Mobile decoy and its gonna get used very soon. Im at 23 days and counting before I leave to hunt Florida. The B Mobile is making the trip with me
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have used a full strut and a half strut decoy. The half strut wins hands down.

Gman
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used both full strut and Jake decoys although I prefer to use none. That said, most of my decoy birds have been taken using a Pretty Boy with a beat up, shot up, raggedy old real fan.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

ANY decoy may work in a given situation and ANY decoy could be the reason your hunt goes south.

Big full strut decoy's a pain in the butt if you ask me. If you're runnin' then I wouldn't want one. Single hen is all I ever have. Occassionally have messed with other things but usually it's just a one off thing to try. KISS principle for me.