Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Planned hunts this spring?? >

Planned hunts this spring??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Planned hunts this spring??

Old 01-23-2012, 07:44 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Default Planned hunts this spring??

Might seem a little soon to be asking but does anyone have any trips planned this spring???

I will be taking DTC Jr to Florida this year to try and complete his grand slam. We are also doing our yearly trip to Texas for rios again.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Im headed to Florida, Missouri and my home state of Indiana and also I will be hunting with Turkey Goddess in Indiana. I might even try to sneak in a hunt in Alabama on my way home from Florida
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Spike

I've already taken work leave for the first week of spring turkey season this year. I plan on hunting in some different parts of KY that I haven't hunted. I'm excited I just bought a new turkey blind .
Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting a buddies farm in south/central missouri. so pumped because this is my first turkey season. I plan to hunt a few pieces of public land in Boone county MO (central) the week before heading there though.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

We'll be camping in Wisconsin to hunt this spring. Waiting for them to do their lottery and let us know what tags we draw so we know when.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

Guess Ill see you in Florida
Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Oklahoma & Kansas for Rios.

PA, NY, & NJ for Easterns.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be on the leases in Arkansas. I know there are turkeys on one lease, because I saw twenty plus on the lease on Saturday including three long beards. Two of them were strutting which is unusual this time of year. Maybe an early rut. Not good for me.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
I'll be on the leases in Arkansas. I know there are turkeys on one lease, because I saw twenty plus on the lease on Saturday including three long beards. Two of them were strutting which is unusual this time of year. Maybe an early rut. Not good for me.
Man same here, me and a buddy ran up on 15-20 turkey in the same spot two days in a row, the last week scouting trails after Coyote hunting, it was phenomenal I've never seen anything like as far as how many their were, we walked up and they we're flying in every direction from the trees, even after they scattered.

Season starts March 31st here in Tennessee I believe, me and a buddy are going to start putting corn out this weekend, we're so excited we can't stand it.

Last year most of the Turkey in our area stayed off the Plateau and in the valley due to how harsh the winter was, and the population took a small hit due to the late spring we had.

Still though I've seen a good amount in our tract, can't wait til season to call some bearded boys in!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure yet, but most likely PA because jalvja always wants me to call his pressured private land birds in for him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.