HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Planned hunts this spring?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/357572-planned-hunts-spring.html)

DTC 01-23-2012 07:44 AM

Planned hunts this spring??

Might seem a little soon to be asking but does anyone have any trips planned this spring???

I will be taking DTC Jr to Florida this year to try and complete his grand slam. We are also doing our yearly trip to Texas for rios again.

Arrowmaster 01-23-2012 03:43 PM

Im headed to Florida, Missouri and my home state of Indiana and also I will be hunting with Turkey Goddess in Indiana. I might even try to sneak in a hunt in Alabama on my way home from Florida :)

big_quillie 01-23-2012 03:46 PM

I've already taken work leave for the first week of spring turkey season this year. I plan on hunting in some different parts of KY that I haven't hunted. I'm excited I just bought a new turkey blind .

mw_Guerilla 01-23-2012 04:47 PM

I'm hunting a buddies farm in south/central missouri. so pumped because this is my first turkey season. I plan to hunt a few pieces of public land in Boone county MO (central) the week before heading there though.

Murdy 01-23-2012 07:24 PM

We'll be camping in Wisconsin to hunt this spring. Waiting for them to do their lottery and let us know what tags we draw so we know when.

Capt. Billy 01-24-2012 03:17 AM

Guess Ill see you in Florida

Uncle Nicky 01-24-2012 04:57 AM

Oklahoma & Kansas for Rios.

PA, NY, & NJ for Easterns.

GRIZZLYMAN 01-24-2012 07:41 AM

I'll be on the leases in Arkansas. I know there are turkeys on one lease, because I saw twenty plus on the lease on Saturday including three long beards. Two of them were strutting which is unusual this time of year. Maybe an early rut. Not good for me.

Kanati 01-24-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN (Post 3904449)
I'll be on the leases in Arkansas. I know there are turkeys on one lease, because I saw twenty plus on the lease on Saturday including three long beards. Two of them were strutting which is unusual this time of year. Maybe an early rut. Not good for me.

Man same here, me and a buddy ran up on 15-20 turkey in the same spot two days in a row, the last week scouting trails after Coyote hunting, it was phenomenal I've never seen anything like as far as how many their were, we walked up and they we're flying in every direction from the trees, even after they scattered.

Season starts March 31st here in Tennessee I believe, me and a buddy are going to start putting corn out this weekend, we're so excited we can't stand it.

Last year most of the Turkey in our area stayed off the Plateau and in the valley due to how harsh the winter was, and the population took a small hit due to the late spring we had.

Still though I've seen a good amount in our tract, can't wait til season to call some bearded boys in!

Adrian J Hare 01-25-2012 05:47 AM

Not sure yet, but most likely PA because jalvja always wants me to call his pressured private land birds in for him :s3:

Simp 01-25-2012 05:51 AM

NM and possibly Oklahoma, depending on how we do in NM.

DTC 01-25-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Capt. Billy (Post 3904372)
Guess Ill see you in Florida

You better believe it!! We are sure looking forward to it.

Turkey Goddess 01-25-2012 04:01 PM

Wisconsin w/ JW this year and gonna hunt Indiana on my own (w/ hubby, if I let him go) and Arrowmaster & I will hunt Indiana. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it!

Kim :)

Larswildu 01-25-2012 04:50 PM

I'm head for the Yucatan for the Ocellated to complete my World Slam. I plan on taking one with a shotgun and one by archery which will give me a start on a World Slam by Archery. Then I come back to the states hunt on the Navajo Reservation (if I'm drawn) in Arizona for Merriam's and on to New Mexico for Rio Grande. With any luck I will have my World Slam and three birds toward my World Slam by Archery.

superstrutter 01-26-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Larswildu (Post 3905100)
I'm head for the Yucatan for the Ocellated to complete my World Slam. I plan on taking one with a shotgun and one by archery which will give me a start on a World Slam by Archery. Then I come back to the states hunt on the Navajo Reservation (if I'm drawn) in Arizona for Merriam's and on to New Mexico for Rio Grande. With any luck I will have my World Slam and three birds toward my World Slam by Archery.

That sounds awesome. Good luck on your slam. Besides hunting my propertry in Louisiana, I'll be making my usual trips to Texas hunting Rios on both private and public land.

Mr. Longbeard 01-27-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare (Post 3904865)
Not sure yet, but most likely PA because jalvja always wants me to call his pressured private land birds in for him :s3:

Oh I was under the impression that ol Jalvja was a public land guy...

Maybe 10 years and 50lbs ago...

Adrian J Hare 01-27-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard (Post 3905687)

Your a piece of work :rolleye0011:

Gamblinman 01-29-2012 05:38 AM

Texas for an Eastern and Rios, Oklahoma for some Rios, and Kansas for some more Easterns, then to Nebraska for some Merriams.

jalvja 01-29-2012 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard (Post 3905687)

I'll most likely go to Ontario and call in some of Adrians tame turkey.That's if I can get my fat old butt movin.MLB,I hunt both types of ground and have for over 40 yrs.That's probaly before you were even born.But you're still 10 times the hunter I'll ever be.That's why you're my hero.:s4:

Mr. Longbeard 01-30-2012 08:43 AM

Scab... Those guys have been Stabbing me with a nija sword for the last 3 years!!!

Hear lately I've keeped my mouth shut and just read the forum... Then ol BT comes out every year around this time and starts one of his public vs private land topics and his buddy comes out and throws a battle axe or two... I come back and throw my 2 scents in and im the trouble maker LMAO!!!

You might want to tell you buddy's to quit caniving with each other and stop throwing daggers...

But I know that aint goin to happen...

jalvja 01-30-2012 12:14 PM

jalvja
Nontypical Buck

MLB,Like anythin else,you get outta turkey huntin what you put into it.You admitted yourself that you're not willin to change.So stop blamin everyone else for your short commins.Of all the members who have come and gone since I've been here in the late 90's.You are the only one who seems concerned with who is better than who.That is somethin I can overlook cause I know it's all talk.What really pizzes me off about you is time and time again I have watched newer hunters,some of them kids,Proudly post about their success only to have you try to belittle them because it wasn't a "PUBLIC LAND BIRD".Never once have I seen you offer any advice or tips to a fellow hunter here.Grow up! It ain't all about you.

OntElk 02-01-2012 05:28 AM

Man my travel plans are up in the air this year. I have been invited to a fly-in moose hunt. No outfitter fees but just a guy who owns a camp and brings his buddies and splits the base costs. That may come at the expense of a turkey trip as much as I hate to admit it. More marriage than cost really. In other words I may not have a marriage if I add a fly-in moose to the 5 weeks of turkey and then deer, bear, small game and fishing in the summer lol!

Would you turkey addicts give up a week of hunting turkeys on a trip to go hunt moose with a guaranteed bull and cow tag?