HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Oregon (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/357470-oregon.html)

huntnma 01-21-2012 03:07 AM

Oregon

Do any of y'all hunt turkey in Oregon ? need to figure out where to hunt this year and Oregon was brought up.........any assistance would be appreciated.:wink::happy0001::wave:

Adrian J Hare 01-21-2012 12:53 PM

O huntnma , just come and hunt in Ontario with Jannette. We have the room and she would love it. I may have you both guide me :happy0001:

huntnma 01-21-2012 12:58 PM

Wish I could, who knows maybe that'll happen one day...This is our yearly hunt, all of us from work go somewhere and hunt for a week or more....we all need a rio and an eastern, I'm starting to think we may just need to go to north Florida and get the eastern out of the way, that way we'll have more money for our rio trip...I have a feeling thats the one that is going to be the hardest so we may be out there longer, lol......I'll miss Nebraska this year so much...but I'll never fill my slam if I keep going there every year....public land slam :)

Adrian J Hare 01-21-2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by huntnma (Post 3903517)
Wish I could, who knows maybe that'll happen one day...This is our yearly hunt, all of us from work go somewhere and hunt for a week or more....we all need a rio and an eastern, I'm starting to think we may just need to go to north Florida and get the eastern out of the way, that way we'll have more money for our rio trip...I have a feeling thats the one that is going to be the hardest so we may be out there longer, lol......I'll miss Nebraska this year so much...but I'll never fill my slam if I keep going there every year....public land slam :)

The Rio is one of the easyist birds to get. Texas panhandle has lots of birds and there is management lands that can be worked on.

Easterns are another, its one of the subspecies you all need to get to complete and only a couple of hunters in the US can say they have killed easterns in two different Countries ;) Now thats not easy

Good Luck on your quest I'm rootin for ya :cool2:

huntnma 01-23-2012 02:52 PM

Thanks for your help Adrian...will look up Texas management areas later tonight or first thing in the morning....My boss has his heart set on Oregon but if somewhere else looks better, I should be able to talk him into it...he's a fair and smart man (most of the time, lol)....Things aren't going as smoothly as I had hoped, by this time, we should already have plane tickets in hand....just alot to bs to take care of first...but it will happen, one place or another, I will not be denied, lol.........Take care :)

JW 01-23-2012 03:31 PM

Ma - I have a contact in Oregon - Hunt Genious and I will alert him - he surely can help you........

The Eastern should be the easiest to get.

Dave....JW

huntnma 01-24-2012 02:33 PM

After watching that Finding Bigfoot episode lastnight , I don't know if I want to hunt Oregon, lol....it was the McKenzie river and I think they said Walla Wlla or something like that....Beautiful country though.
Thanks so much for the offer to help JW !!!!! like I said, there's some stuff we have to get straightened out before we can plan our hunt 100%, I'm just praying all works out and we can plan it soon, if not we're screwed for this year....cross your fingers.
I briefly checked into Texas...the one I liked is quota, but I still have to go look some more but it's not looking like Texas is going to work for my boss...at least at this point...he's got his heart set on Oregon....