HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Turkey Season 2012 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/354281-turkey-season-2012-a.html)

Arrowmaster 11-24-2011 07:47 PM

Turkey Season 2012

Ok the wait is killin me here. Whos ready for the 2012 spring turkey season. Im ready. I'll be in Florida in March trying to get my first Osceola turkey. I hope that turns out good. Then I'll be headed to Missouri for their opener and back to Indiana for my season opener. From there who knows where Im headed. But I know Im gonna hunt with my friend Turkey Goddess this year as well. That should be an awesome hunt. Plus we will have the 2012 spring turkey contest going on. Im so ready. Come on Spring :)

nchunter33 11-25-2011 02:14 PM

I hear ya man! I cant take it anymore either, i'm so ready to burn some boot lether chasin turkeys all over the U.S...i've added some states to my list which brings me to FL, GA, NC, Tenn, MO, KS, and Neb. Its gonna be awesome!

Larswildu 11-25-2011 02:56 PM

Ocellated

I've already booked my hunt for the Ocellated turkey in Mexico, the last one to complete a World Slam.

K Williams 11-27-2011 05:53 PM

Guided Hunts in the North East?

Does anyone have any recommendations for turkey guides/outfits in NY, NJ, and PA? Thanks!

RockyMtnGobblers 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

I'm ready ! I have already planed a scouting trip to check out an area for some Colorado Rio's and if that does not look good go back to my old favorite hunting grounds.Well it's Nov. and plans may change LOL

JoeA 11-28-2011 01:12 PM

I'm looking to try again (4th time) to bust an Eastern in GA or AL, maybe TN. Already got some big beards scouted on the Big Island.

Anyone out there with any recommendations on who to look at, who to avoid?

Arrowmaster 11-28-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by nchunter33 (Post 3881255)
I hear ya man! I cant take it anymore either, i'm so ready to burn some boot lether chasin turkeys all over the U.S...i've added some states to my list which brings me to FL, GA, NC, Tenn, MO, KS, and Neb. Its gonna be awesome!

nc where you hunting at in MO? Im hunting Carroll county in MO

Arrowmaster 11-28-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JoeA (Post 3882480)
I'm looking to try again (4th) to bust an Eastern in GA or AL, maybe TN. Already got some big beards scouted on the Big Island.

Anyone out there with any recommendations on who to look at, who to avoid?

Joe I hunt with the same outfitter every year in Missouri. Thats if ya want to hunt missouri and use an outfitter. If ya want check out his website www.grandriveroutfitters.com This is my 7th year going there and Ive killed 10 or 11 birds with them.

Turkey Goddess 11-28-2011 05:53 PM

I'm soooo ready it's driving me insane! We have 10 Turks roosting across the road in front of our house tonight. As I was looking at them through the binocs, my heart was racing like a teenager waiting for my first kiss! LOL!!!!

I'm planning a WI hunt w/ JW next spring & of course Indiana w/ my buddy Arrowmaster!!! :) It's going to be an AWESOME season!!! My brothers are wanting me to hunt Nebraska with them too - we'll see if I can swing it. Can't wait for the contest - can't wait to hear them gobbling on the roost and can't wait to put some #5 in a turkey's head!!!!!!

Kim :)

larry_073 11-28-2011 06:00 PM

I love spring turkey hunting! I only hunt in my state but I would love to travel around hunting the different species. Killed quite a few easterns , can't wait to get the chance at something else. Maybe do some visiting with some family out west and try for a rio or merriam? We'll see.

dog1 11-29-2011 07:19 AM

Arrow,

You want to go crazy, let me tell you about going crazy. We don't have a fall season here in GA., but last year during October, I was deer hunting and heard one bird gobble 10 times that morning, crazy yet.

Well, 2 weeks ago, here again, deer season is in. At 6:55 a.m. I hear a bird gobble within approximately 100 yds from me, then another. About 20 minutes later I see something black moving, I'm thinking hog, I put the scope on it and it was a gobbler scratching, then another, now the 2nd bird goes into a strut, they feed out of my site. Two days later, close to the same area, another bird gobbles, now I'm really breathing hard. I see him coming my way, I put the scope on him and he is definitely a shooter.

Want something to test your will power, integrity, honesty, etc., let this happen. There I sat and watched him walk off leting out a couple more gobbles. I'll tell you out right, that will test your will power. All I can think of is that he/they will be in the same area this coming spring, hopefully.

dog1

JoeA 11-29-2011 01:14 PM

Nice going dog! When you do get one of them in your sights this spring, it'll have been worth it.

gun870guy 11-29-2011 04:03 PM

Lord No!!!!

I can't stand spring turkey season... Let it wait... I'm trying to enjoy some piece and quiet...

Arrowmaster 11-29-2011 06:35 PM

I know the feeling Dog. I had my arch rival ol crookrd beard this year while bow hunting. Hes been a ghost to me during the last 3 spring seasons. Then here he come waddling down a logging road with 2 other toms this year. I wanted to kill him so bad but he was out of season. So hopefully he lives thru the winter to meet up with me in the spring time.

gun hahaha you know you want to hear that gobble :)

gun870guy 11-29-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster (Post 3883157)
I know the feeling Dog. I had my arch rival ol crookrd beard this year while bow hunting. Hes been a ghost to me during the last 3 spring seasons. Then here he come waddling down a logging road with 2 other toms this year. I wanted to kill him so bad but he was out of season. So hopefully he lives thru the winter to meet up with me in the spring time.

gun hahaha you know you want to hear that gobble :)

Yeah, I do the same thing every year... State awards show, Nationals, Governors one shot hunt, Our banquet, and all the crap that goes with turkey hunting....

But... Once I get out there, Those gobbles get me all sorts of bothered and I end up stalkin fields for 2 months straight...

turkey harvester 11-30-2011 07:32 AM

We heard birds gobble during our deer season also. Man makes it tough to think about trying to kill a deer. Can't wait till April and lay the smack down on ones candy butt. Mo supposed to have a good hatch this year so maybe more gobblers. Bring on spring.

Iowa Jaybird 12-05-2011 04:13 AM

I haven't had time to plan 2012 out. Last year it was Florida, Iowa, and Kansas. This year hunting Kansas and Iowa for sure with girlfriend on a 10 day vacation between the two states. Third state might be Nebraska or Texas depending on my time available. Trying to fill 8 tags might hinder that third state. Wish I was retired. Having to work screws up my ambitions. LOL.

scribe 12-15-2011 01:42 PM

I might mess with them a little, probably kill three or four but that is prime smallmouth season, too. Can't spend too much time on turkeys. I'll probably just hunt the back yard.

EFH 12-24-2011 05:07 PM

I don't know how y'all go turkey hunting in all these different states and travel so much in the springtime!! Man.....I can't hardly hold my job or my marriage down when them birds start gobbling and I'm not driving more than 60 miles to a spot! LOL!! 2 and a half months and we'll be folding em up like lawn chairs here in Bama!!! Can't wait for the contest, had a great time last year.

huntnma 12-26-2011 01:33 PM

I dont know where I'll be hunting this year, other than here in Florida...we just haven't made any concrete plans.....we need easterns and rios for our slam, but Nebraska stole our hearts...
Turkey Goddess/Arrowmaster, where will y'al be hunting in Florida ?

Phil from Maine 12-26-2011 02:38 PM

Having hard time waiting myself.. I think I can still hear them, gobbling from last spring... LOL... It was my first successfull spring turkey hunt ever, and got both my tags filled. I also found out that where we are seeing turkeys right now we will not be seeing many in the spring. They get breeding and fighting and those turkeys travel a great distance up here. So not much good scouting early except just to see a few. It changes rapidly about 2 weeks before our season opens.

car 12-26-2011 06:24 PM

Yeah I'm getting ready too. I bought some Magnus Bullhead and arrows last week. Only plan on hunting in Ohio, can't afford to hunt out of state this year :(

Arrowmaster 12-26-2011 06:37 PM

Im now under 90 days before my Florida hunt. OH i can feel it coming. Im so ready to go and find out what its like to hunt an Osceola. Come on Spring.

car 12-26-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster (Post 3894677)
Im now under 90 days before my Florida hunt. OH i can feel it coming. Im so ready to go and find out what its like to hunt an Osceola. Come on Spring.

Wished I was going with ya.

gun870guy 12-27-2011 06:32 AM

I'm hoping I make it to spring...

Here's the lineup.. My liver is already fearful

New Years - Boozer

Jan 14th = State Awards Banquet Kansas NWTF - Boozer
Jan 15th = Kansas NWTF state board meeting - Boozer later

Feb 9 -12th Nationals - Boozer

March 17 is my banquet - Boozer

The Governors hunt is about the 14th of April...

Then I'll finally get to hunt depending on whats going on in the shop or if folks come out here hunting...

Ugh...