HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Turkey Season 2012 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/354281-turkey-season-2012-a.html)

Arrowmaster 11-24-2011 07:47 PM

Turkey Season 2012

Ok the wait is killin me here. Whos ready for the 2012 spring turkey season. Im ready. I'll be in Florida in March trying to get my first Osceola turkey. I hope that turns out good. Then I'll be headed to Missouri for their opener and back to Indiana for my season opener. From there who knows where Im headed. But I know Im gonna hunt with my friend Turkey Goddess this year as well. That should be an awesome hunt. Plus we will have the 2012 spring turkey contest going on. Im so ready. Come on Spring :)

nchunter33 11-25-2011 02:14 PM

I hear ya man! I cant take it anymore either, i'm so ready to burn some boot lether chasin turkeys all over the U.S...i've added some states to my list which brings me to FL, GA, NC, Tenn, MO, KS, and Neb. Its gonna be awesome!

Larswildu 11-25-2011 02:56 PM

Ocellated

I've already booked my hunt for the Ocellated turkey in Mexico, the last one to complete a World Slam.

K Williams 11-27-2011 05:53 PM

Guided Hunts in the North East?

Does anyone have any recommendations for turkey guides/outfits in NY, NJ, and PA? Thanks!

RockyMtnGobblers 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

I'm ready ! I have already planed a scouting trip to check out an area for some Colorado Rio's and if that does not look good go back to my old favorite hunting grounds.Well it's Nov. and plans may change LOL

JoeA 11-28-2011 01:12 PM

I'm looking to try again (4th time) to bust an Eastern in GA or AL, maybe TN. Already got some big beards scouted on the Big Island.

Anyone out there with any recommendations on who to look at, who to avoid?

Arrowmaster 11-28-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by nchunter33 (Post 3881255)
I hear ya man! I cant take it anymore either, i'm so ready to burn some boot lether chasin turkeys all over the U.S...i've added some states to my list which brings me to FL, GA, NC, Tenn, MO, KS, and Neb. Its gonna be awesome!

nc where you hunting at in MO? Im hunting Carroll county in MO

Arrowmaster 11-28-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JoeA (Post 3882480)
I'm looking to try again (4th) to bust an Eastern in GA or AL, maybe TN. Already got some big beards scouted on the Big Island.

Anyone out there with any recommendations on who to look at, who to avoid?

Joe I hunt with the same outfitter every year in Missouri. Thats if ya want to hunt missouri and use an outfitter. If ya want check out his website www.grandriveroutfitters.com This is my 7th year going there and Ive killed 10 or 11 birds with them.

Turkey Goddess 11-28-2011 05:53 PM

I'm soooo ready it's driving me insane! We have 10 Turks roosting across the road in front of our house tonight. As I was looking at them through the binocs, my heart was racing like a teenager waiting for my first kiss! LOL!!!!

I'm planning a WI hunt w/ JW next spring & of course Indiana w/ my buddy Arrowmaster!!! :) It's going to be an AWESOME season!!! My brothers are wanting me to hunt Nebraska with them too - we'll see if I can swing it. Can't wait for the contest - can't wait to hear them gobbling on the roost and can't wait to put some #5 in a turkey's head!!!!!!

Kim :)

larry_073 11-28-2011 06:00 PM

I love spring turkey hunting! I only hunt in my state but I would love to travel around hunting the different species. Killed quite a few easterns , can't wait to get the chance at something else. Maybe do some visiting with some family out west and try for a rio or merriam? We'll see.