Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Season 2012

Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default 2012

Arrow,

You want to go crazy, let me tell you about going crazy. We don't have a fall season here in GA., but last year during October, I was deer hunting and heard one bird gobble 10 times that morning, crazy yet.

Well, 2 weeks ago, here again, deer season is in. At 6:55 a.m. I hear a bird gobble within approximately 100 yds from me, then another. About 20 minutes later I see something black moving, I'm thinking hog, I put the scope on it and it was a gobbler scratching, then another, now the 2nd bird goes into a strut, they feed out of my site. Two days later, close to the same area, another bird gobbles, now I'm really breathing hard. I see him coming my way, I put the scope on him and he is definitely a shooter.

Want something to test your will power, integrity, honesty, etc., let this happen. There I sat and watched him walk off leting out a couple more gobbles. I'll tell you out right, that will test your will power. All I can think of is that he/they will be in the same area this coming spring, hopefully.

dog1

Last edited by dog1; 11-29-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going dog! When you do get one of them in your sights this spring, it'll have been worth it.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lord No!!!!

I can't stand spring turkey season... Let it wait... I'm trying to enjoy some piece and quiet...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

I know the feeling Dog. I had my arch rival ol crookrd beard this year while bow hunting. Hes been a ghost to me during the last 3 spring seasons. Then here he come waddling down a logging road with 2 other toms this year. I wanted to kill him so bad but he was out of season. So hopefully he lives thru the winter to meet up with me in the spring time.

gun hahaha you know you want to hear that gobble
Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
I know the feeling Dog. I had my arch rival ol crookrd beard this year while bow hunting. Hes been a ghost to me during the last 3 spring seasons. Then here he come waddling down a logging road with 2 other toms this year. I wanted to kill him so bad but he was out of season. So hopefully he lives thru the winter to meet up with me in the spring time.

gun hahaha you know you want to hear that gobble
Yeah, I do the same thing every year... State awards show, Nationals, Governors one shot hunt, Our banquet, and all the crap that goes with turkey hunting....

But... Once I get out there, Those gobbles get me all sorts of bothered and I end up stalkin fields for 2 months straight...
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

We heard birds gobble during our deer season also. Man makes it tough to think about trying to kill a deer. Can't wait till April and lay the smack down on ones candy butt. Mo supposed to have a good hatch this year so maybe more gobblers. Bring on spring.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't had time to plan 2012 out. Last year it was Florida, Iowa, and Kansas. This year hunting Kansas and Iowa for sure with girlfriend on a 10 day vacation between the two states. Third state might be Nebraska or Texas depending on my time available. Trying to fill 8 tags might hinder that third state. Wish I was retired. Having to work screws up my ambitions. LOL.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I might mess with them a little, probably kill three or four but that is prime smallmouth season, too. Can't spend too much time on turkeys. I'll probably just hunt the back yard.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:07 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

I don't know how y'all go turkey hunting in all these different states and travel so much in the springtime!! Man.....I can't hardly hold my job or my marriage down when them birds start gobbling and I'm not driving more than 60 miles to a spot! LOL!! 2 and a half months and we'll be folding em up like lawn chairs here in Bama!!! Can't wait for the contest, had a great time last year.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know where I'll be hunting this year, other than here in Florida...we just haven't made any concrete plans.....we need easterns and rios for our slam, but Nebraska stole our hearts...
Turkey Goddess/Arrowmaster, where will y'al be hunting in Florida ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.