HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Weight-loss challenge! Come on guys lets lose it! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/35288-weight-loss-challenge-come-guys-lets-lose.html)

KitsapCaller 08-14-2003 11:07 PM

Weight-loss challenge! Come on guys lets lose it!

Fellow turkey hunters.... I have a confession. I need to lose 25 lbs. Why? It will make me healthier, feel better, able to " strut" a little better for the hens (if you know what I mean), and a better hunter. How? With an exercise or fitness regimine, I' ll be able to have more stamina, keep up with my hunting partner, and climb those ridgetops a little easier because I' m carrying less weight.

I wanted to put out a challenge (or invitation if you will) to you guys. Since I don' t have the greatest motivation or willpower to do this alone, I thought maybe some of you might like to join in. We could do it on the honor system and periodically report our progress over the next several months. We can even help each other out under the stress of resisting those juicy cheeseburgers, fries, pizza, and ice cream!

The goal? Let' s see how much combined weight we can lose between now and say April 1st, 2004. Is anyone interested? If there' s enough interest, maybe we' ll do this thing....Tell me what you think

trapper T 08-15-2003 06:24 AM

RE: Weight-loss challenge! Come on guys lets lose it!

I would but I don' t have the will power to go that long. I got my wife to help me by putting me on the weight watchers point thing. It works, if you can stand eating pretty much vegetrian and not much of that even;). But it will help I' ve dropped 20lbs in a little over a month. RUn the tread mill everyday.If you don' t feel like it, have your Wife tell you a keyword, like I use Montana because I am Elk hunting there next month. Hunting becomes my motivation. Good luck to you, I' ll keep up with you to see how we' re both doing, how' s that?:D

benhuntin 08-15-2003 08:54 AM

Ive been dropping for the past 6 weeks. Lost 10 lb. Going for another 8 by season opener Sept. 20th. 208 and dropping.

Deerslayer_37 08-15-2003 12:21 PM

I' m dropping about 20 lbs. for football....trying to move from DE to M.Linebacker...Running sucks some seroius wind, doesn' t burn enough calories. Weightlifting has worked...have dropped 8 pounds since last week..

slaya

mauser06 08-16-2003 08:34 PM

weightlifting and loosing weight in the same sentance??? i gained daily when i lifted....but i lifted hard and was a power lifter...maybe you are more of an aerobic lifter or something....i dont know....but any lifting your going to gain muscle unless your lfiting all wrong.....if my eyes werent red and about to explode i didnt do a good set.....i had a great training partner.....he kept me motivated....we talked about loosing a few pounds together...but never got around to it.....always just straight powerlifting....i wasnt small to begin with....but powerlifting daily just added to me......im in this......i want to shed a few pounds......when school starts i want to get in the weight room and maybe do some jogging on my days off when im not hunting.......and the long days from jan-april i will try to do alot......i will look good if i loose about 20lbs or so.....im about 5' 9 5' 10 but 220lbs or so....im decint sized....alot is muscle...but alot is fat...ill admit that.....i gota quit eating fast food and work out a bit......lets do this guys! i will take my good ole time but i really want to.....

Thundergut 08-20-2003 01:14 PM

Man, I' d join you, but I just love ribeyes :D

and beer [:o]

Don' t forget the swiss cake rolls [>:]

maytom 08-20-2003 08:52 PM

Count me in!! When I got married back in 84' I weighed 195 lbs, now I' m up to 255!!!!! So yes, I want to loose weight as well!! Count me in!!;)

HOSS 08-31-2003 03:03 PM

BOy this is a challange I' m like maytom weight was 205 when I was fighting in the mid 80' s then I got married and really put of the pounds my wife and I were just talking about this as I was logging on to the puter so count me in I could stand to lose close to 50 lbs.

wear 09-05-2003 07:51 PM

I' ve got a head start. Started July 27th, and have lost 16lbs. Wet from 238 to 222. Looking to get down to 212-210. count me in for about 10 more. Good Luck![:-]

yellowlabman 09-05-2003 08:14 PM

Actually started before the challenge was issued. Started cutting carbs and running on June 16th. I started at 222lbs and I am down to 195 lbs...only 5lbs to go. I am now running 3 miles every other day and have never felt better. I am able to eat like a horse, as long as it is the right food (low carb) and still lose weight. For those who say a low carb diet is unhealthy, I just had a complete physical including blood work done....cholesterol is down...now in the normal range, blood pressure is normal and I have a clean bill of health!