Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Close Oh So Close!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

LOL doetrain - that's soooo true!!! Love your pic too!!!

Buckhunter - that's great your going to hunt turkey's next spring - I think you'll find it really exciting and challenging - in a GOOD way! We have a spring turkey hunting contest - you'll have to sign up! (It's just for fun & bragging rights!)

Kim
Old 11-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Spike

I swear they can see thru trees with that 270 degree vision they have!

Good luck out there

JW

Old 11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

its tough when you are in a deer stand. its that much more rewarding when it all comes together. good luck
Old 11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by doetrain
I find it every bit as exciting if not more so than deer hunting,learning to use the calls is easy,knowing when to use them takes time and expierence season after season. If you take it up you won't be sorry because you will have a blast when you find some strutters ready for love.
As you can see in my profile pic I love turkey hunting! I like it more than deer I believe. Nothing like seeing a Tom strutting in and acting like the baddest mofo there is. Its a rush and I never get enough. Have had a few chances for fall turkeys but no shot. Day after Thanksgiving (turkey hunting was out) I had a turkey fly onto my tree stand tree. He had to be no more than 25 feet me. I could have leaned back and shot straight up and killed him. The sh*t you will see when youre in the woods enough! Lol

Good luck out there!

Last edited by TurkeySlayer75; 11-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by TurkeySlayer75
As you can see in my profile pic I love turkey hunting! I like it more than deer I believe. Nothing like seeing a Tom strutting in and acting like the baddest mofo there is. Its a rush and I never get enough. Have had a few chances for fall turkeys but no shot. Day after Thanksgiving (turkey hunting was out) I had a turkey fly onto my tree stand tree. He had to be no more than 25 feet me. I could have leaned back and shot straight up and killed him. The sh*t you will see when youre in the woods enough! Lol

Good luck out there!
Here is the pic of the turkey that was above me in my tree stand. Took all I had from shooting it! Close Oh So Close!-turkey-above-me-my-tree-stand-11-26-2011.jpg
Old 12-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
LOL doetrain - that's soooo true!!! Love your pic too!!!

Buckhunter - that's great your going to hunt turkey's next spring - I think you'll find it really exciting and challenging - in a GOOD way! We have a spring turkey hunting contest - you'll have to sign up! (It's just for fun & bragging rights!)

Kim
I'll sign up for the contest, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on bagging a bird my first season out. I hear it can be VERY challenging. Sounds like my type of hunting. The good thing I do have going is there are a lot of them in the same tract of woods I deer hunt. About 30 of them flew down from their roosts at first light while I was bow hunting. It was AWESOME! I mean it really was. I couldn't believe how many there were. And they were in the trees all around me including the tree my stand is in.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Keep your fingers crossed on next springs hunt, it might surprise you. I would quit deer hunting if i could hunt turkeys more. I'm addicted to the gobble and the challenge of whacking out that stubborn longbeard. If you kill watch out because you will be hooked for life. Good luck