Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag? >

Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

doubled on a couple fall longberads and next day busted a family flock with a buddy and he got a hen. That's 3 spring turkeys, a bear, and fall turkey for me in 2011. No moose tag next is an Ontario big buck hoepfully......

Old 10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

WOW RR - that's rediculolus!!! I know you'll find them!!!

Go Nicky Go!!! Man - that sounds awesome...

BIG Congrats OntElk - show us pics of that big buck when you get him!!!!

Gonna be back out tomorrow - crossing my fingers AND toes!

Kim
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The boy and I will venture out a bit.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Last weekend! Had a hen fired up about 30 minutes ago, but she went silent. Of course she's behind me - I'm scratching in leaves every so often hoping to bring a few in. Spooked 2 nice deer out of the field when I walked in & took a great pic of a turkey track. (A.K.A. Eye Candy to me!!!). LOL. If I can figure out how to upload that pic from my phone I will.

Kim
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Old 10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Dang these boys are safe! I can't get a Fall left over tag!

JW
Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Spike

This is my first time fall turkey huntin in my life been out 3 times and have had horrible luck. I live on a army base so its all public hunting land, and every spot that i have looked at turkeys has been filled with a bow hunter or something. So the past couple of times ive sat in the woods just hoping i could find one. But really im not sure what calls do and do not work in the fall lmao. Usually every day that ive been out ive seen a flock of them on the side of the road and both times ive got out the car and tried to get at em they take off into the wood line or woods and i lose them. I still got until the 12th to fill this tag so hopefully i can do it soon so i can focus on deer and duck hunting lol. Anyone got any tips for me to fill this tag?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

JW - that's just SICK!!! LOL!!!!!

Dalton - it's hard chasing birds in the fall, adding on top of it public land and the odds really start stacking against you! I hope you fill that tag... keep us posted!!!

Kim
Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Dalton-I'd try the following:

1). The woodline where you see them go- I'd try and get in there when you see them from the side of the road, either pull forward & head in there or back up & try getting in the woods without being seen; there's a good chance that is where they are eventually headed anyway. Or, possibly pull up fast when you see them, blow the horn & try scattering them? They should be easy to call back in.(Provided this is legal in your state).

2). Try walking an area you think they may be roosting before it's light. There's a good chance you may scatter them from the roost, they'll likely wind up back at the place they started from once it gets light out. Kee-kees & hen yelps usually work best in the fall.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Spike

Me. Went out yesterday...opening day. 7am to around 2pm. No sign of turkeys. Gotta find a better spot. Season ends on the 23rd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.