Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag? >

Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who's trying to fill a FALL turkey tag?

Anyone out there trying to fill a fall turkey tag? Our fall turkey season (firearm) opens in 3 days - I can't wait to get out there and chase 'em! I scouted a new farm this morning, it looks really promising!!!

Got my camo laid out and my shotgun ready... At least I'll get 11 days under my belt to help me through the withdrawal until spring opener. LOL

Most people I know are bow hunting for deer and if a turkey gets close enough, they'll nail it! Curious to see who else is fall hunting...

Kim
Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kimmer , we were out today but as I see with the Low Population we now have and all the standing corn fields its not looking promissing
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

i small game hunt alot, carry some turkey loads with me and always looking to bust one if i get a chance.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Spike

Default fall turkey

went out bow hunting for deer ,it was kinda slow with the deer .so as I sat in my stand along came a gobbler ,wham 31 yard shot dead as a door nail .Best part of the whole hunt was ...Its my first bird ever .very exciting now im hooked on the 2 leg version ...cant wait till the next time and spring ...we have so many turkeys it almost not fair to the other countys here in Missouri .
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hunting deer at this time TG but like you said if one comes by I have an arrow just for him or her. On my way out of my hunting spot I see a flock of them on this guys private property and he must not hunt or let anyone else hunt because they are in plain sight on a busy road almost everyday. I have heard them in the woods while in my stands and blinds but not seen them yet,but if I do I'll say hello with southern twang of the bowstring.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Got an 8 inch gobbler this spring & last week I had a chance for #2, but I let him walk. I was hunting deer & hog last week & as soon as the sun broke I saw a turkey on the ground about 50 yards away. I was still hunting anyway, so I slowly inched my way towards that turkey. Slipping between the palmettos I finally got to within about 40 feet of a small flock of birds. They were all hens except for 1 jake with about a 3 inch beard. Yes, he was legal, and I could have bragged about limiting out on turkeys this year, but to me the thrill was stalking to within 40 feet of him. I think standing there listening to them call softly back & forth will help me be a better caller next spring, and by then that beard should have grown a little. I seem to be getting pickier as the years go by - hope I'm not getting soft, LOL.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Wow CJ - congrats!!! That's awesome! I'm in my blind now... Hoping. Praying!

That's cool u got so close to the flock... I love watching them feed & communicate. I'd NEVER get tired of watching that!

RR - it's 11:30 on 10/22 - u dirty dog! Is that tag filled??? Haha

Good luck everyone!!!!

Kim
Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Got a couple last week in Michigan.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats timbr!!!! Great pic!

I'm in my blind now - it's raining out. Hard to stay awake!!! Thinking about checking my eye lids for holes! LOL

Hunting a new spot - farmer says there are a bunch of turkey's here. We shall see!!!

Kim
Old 10-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

Filled both tags in NY earlier this month. Now I'm after a Pennsylvania bird, our season opens Saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.