Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkey Hunting - My first time out! >

Turkey Hunting - My first time out!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Hunting - My first time out!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Spike

Congrats on the bird. Hope you keep it up and stay safe doing it. Oh and one small favor, guns are too pretty to beat around like that ,so please don't do that again .... better buy a turkey clubbing hammer lol
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, post some pics when you can.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Iowa Jaybird
LOL. This video absolutely cracked me up. My gf and myself watched this 3 times with both of us rolling on the floor. You girls did well, and you make a good team, and I'm sure you will be hunting together for many years. Loved your enthusiasm, and pride on your accomplishment. Good luck in the future.
Thank you so much for the kind words! =D Sorry it took so long to respond. I haven't been on here in a while, and now that Spring Turkey Season is upon us I'm back at it!

I'm glad you guys got a laugh out of it, cause that's why I posted it! We had an awesome time making it! I think we entertain each other more than anything. lol
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by larry_073
Congrats on the bird. Hope you keep it up and stay safe doing it. Oh and one small favor, guns are too pretty to beat around like that ,so please don't do that again .... better buy a turkey clubbing hammer lol
Thanks! Next time we will be better prepared for sure! =)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cleburne
Congrats, post some pics when you can.
Thank you! =)

I have the pics posted on my facebook page, and I think its a public album. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6130011&type=3
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Lady's!!
I hope we have not scared you off!
This is a great place to learn and share our hunting skills and stories, I hope you both stick around.
I also am a female hunter and have learned much here and really enjoy the camaraderie, next year or this fall I hope I will see you both in our hunting contests.

I am also ex military and have taken the hunter safety course 4 times, not because I flunked lol because I brought other people to hunting and went with them, I always found it interesting and fun.

Most of us here are big into safety and Ethics, unfortunately sometimes we get fired up, the points you have heard previously posted about gun safety are right on and I'm sure you know that and we know we have all made mistakes and we learn from them as you will and have. I know all you may have been thinking about is you didn't want the gobbler to suffer and thats very commendable, sometime you may have to take a second shot on a bird I hope not, usually body movements stop in just a few min.
I am introducing turkey hunting to my daughter for the second time, this time she likes it lol.
I started with gun safety when she was 11 and got her first gun we always keep guns pointed down range, safety on until ready to shoot, down range just means away from people, vehicles, houses, roads etc. Even when approaching a downed turkey the shotgun is on the ground pointed behind us where we where set up. We never cross a fence etc. holding a gun or having it leaning on what we are crossing.

You did great hunting and should be proud and like us all after our first or 100th hunt had a blast and learned something valuable.
Welcome.

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 04-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

I enjoyed the video. Hunting is a learning experience. Some folks seem to forget that on here. Gun safety is #1, remember that. Good luck this spring, and seeing that level of excitement and enthusiasm was good!
-Jake
The album link didn't work for me, maybe my own fault though, who knows!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by trishamarie1104
Thanks! Next time we will be better prepared for sure! =)
Hope you 2 girls get your Turkeys this year.
Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll learn and enjoy a lot about the outdoors as you continue on, besides having great quality time with each other.
It's not only about shooting as you can see on some of my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1e1pizuHcU