Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Finally, got my first Gobbler! >

Finally, got my first Gobbler!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finally, got my first Gobbler!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome... congrats...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Good on ya Arki! Shot my first one 2 years ago & almost had a heart attack. Turkey hunting brings a whole new level of excitement to hunting, doesn't it? Thanks for the great post.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job ARKI! OJT is the best school and you get an A on your Turkey hunt. Congratulations and thanks for the good heartfelt story on how you had success being a new hunter, I appreciate your passion and excitement over your hunt.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by richwrench
Good on ya Arki! Shot my first one 2 years ago & almost had a heart attack. Turkey hunting brings a whole new level of excitement to hunting, doesn't it? Thanks for the great post.
Thanks! And yes it brings a whole new level of excitement to hunting. I have only been hunting since fall of 2008. I have taken 5 deer in the last 3 years. I have taken mostly does, I hunt for meat. The one exception was a old 7 point that was taken as a management move on our hunting lease. And I hate to say it, but deer hunting seems like childs play after this. I still love deer hunting, but I am completely hooked on turkeys!

Originally Posted by doetrain
Great job ARKI! OJT is the best school and you get an A on your Turkey hunt. Congratulations and thanks for the good heartfelt story on how you had success being a new hunter, I appreciate your passion and excitement over your hunt.
Thank you as well! OJT training definitely helped me figure this bird out.

I owe a thank you to all of the members of this forum. You have all taught me A TON about turkey hunting (and bow hunting whitetails as well). I feel like y'all played a part in me taking this bird, so thank you! Oh, and look forward to a post in the future on a home made wingbone call. I am following JW's instructions and hope to have it finished this weekend.