Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam >

5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam

Old 05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default 5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam

I finally finished my single season Royal Slam with this nice Merriam's in New Mexico today. Even though I have the most experience hunting the Merriam's it took me three weeks to get mostly due to forest fires, high winds and temps in the teens. It has been a long exciting month and a half, and I'm still married.

Rio Grande taken March 19th

Eastern taken March 28th

Osceola taken March 30th

Gould's taken April 24th
Attached Thumbnails 5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam-img_0461.jpg   5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam-img_0387.jpg   5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam-img_0419.jpg   5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam-img_3253.jpg   5 states 5 birds 1 single season royal slam-img_0449.jpg  

Old 05-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me be the first to Congrats you on your feat. I know how it feels to have completed something in this nature as I did the grandslam back in 1995. Never did get to do the Gould's because of the change over in funds but it is something I have excepted now.

You need to get a Photobucket account and load the pics from there as you just don't get the true feel for what you have done in them small thumb nails...
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Spike

Awesome. Congrats on your RS. What an achievement!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Impressive, congrats... all of the hard work paid off
Old 05-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow 3 birds in 10 days...

I hunted 9 days and didnt even get my gun in my shoulder...

I must need to go back to the drawing board... Or get a higher paying job!!!

Congrats on your SINGLE SEASON ROYAL SLAM...
Old 05-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks all. Adrian, don't know what photobucket is? I believe you can click on the photo's themselves and that enlarges them.

Mr. LB I needed a lot of luck getting some of these birds. I don't have a fantastic paying job. I started planning these hunts back in November when I found out I was lucky enough to draw 1 tag of 5 for a Gould's hunt in Arizona. The biggest expense will be getting all the birds mounted and my nephew is the taxidermist. I got on the phone started calling friends and relatives in the different states I hunted and never had to pay a dime to hunt on private land or for a guide. Osceola hunts are anywhere from $1700-$2500 which I could not afford. I got on the computer emailed people about the Osceola and was fortunate enough to find a person willing to swap a hunt here in Arizona we are now very good friends. I talked with the different states Wildlife Officers which all were very helpful and some wanted to hunt with and help me. The best thing is I met some great people and made some new friends along the way.
Come September put in for Gould's here in Arizona to complete your Royal Slam I would'nt mind helping who knows I might make another friend.

Bill
Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your royal slam larswildu that is a great achievement. Congrats on still being married
Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats.........nice pics too!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Spike

Well done! Congrats.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome Achievement!
Always wanted to do something like this... maybe next year?!?

Congrats!

-South

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.