Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Non Camo Boots

Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Spike

Default Non Camo Boots

I usually hunt turkey with a few guys that wear camo head to toe including their shotguns. They always make comments about my black 870 and brown boots. They say the turkey will spot me out too easily. Is this true? The knee high, waterproof, brown rubber boots I wear were only $20 and do everything I need them to. I can't bring myself to drop $150+ on a pair of boots that are camo.

Any input on this guys? Are camo boots a necessity?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What you're usin will work just fine.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use diving booties....black......just like wearing nothing.As long as you're wearing earth tones, browns, blacks, greens, you'll be fine. In catus and rocks I wouldn't wear dive booties but here in florida they were great.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Its all gimmicks, Just wear some camo on ya and hold still and thats all that really matters. Movement is the biggest problem, not the color of your boots or gun. As long as they are natural colors your all set.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I generally hunt in running shoes.......I've never noticed the turkeys objecting.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Muck boots are two tone brown and neither the deer or the turkeys have ever complained about my lack of style or color coordination. Like has been said the whole camo this and camo that is for the most part a way to justify them charging us more money for stuff.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your body is what is most needed to be camo. Feet are on the ground along with all of the other brown things. Brown boots will be just fine. You killed turkeys before? If so, I reckon you can tell your friends those birds were color blind. I do always wear leafy pants and top when turkey hunting, but my boots have brown on them as well...killed enough turkeys to convince me that they are just fine.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hurry up and kill a turkey, so you can put their comments to rest !

Head/face cover and gloves are far more important !!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree...dont swet it...i have family that go fishing, believing if they dont wear cammo, the fish will see them..quite humerus but thats what they believe. we catch the same fish...literally sometimes.....
i do know i aint walkin up to 15 feet from a deer in blue jeans and a white shirt, but the hogs never see it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

You will be just fine. Good luck this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.