Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
anyone ever use the quaker boy The BOX call? >

anyone ever use the quaker boy The BOX call?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

anyone ever use the quaker boy The BOX call?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default anyone ever use the quaker boy The BOX call?

i just got a quaker boy The BOX box call at wally world $10. this is my first box call. sound good and i can gobble pretty good with it but i was wondering if any of you guys have a=had experience with it and is it a good call
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have their mini boat paddle box call and a few of their mouth diaphragms.The box works well especially so on windy days but is not as good at producing gobbles as my HS box.This one has a brighter sound compared to my HS field champion box call.Cant go wrong with any of QB' turkey calls.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

I think people put too much stock in how a call sounds. High pitched, raspy, etc. Every hunter has their own idea of how a call should sound, but I've been in the woods and heard a real hen yelp and though that sounds horrible!As long as it sounds remotely like a turkey I think you're safe.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lonestar50
I think people put too much stock in how a call sounds. High pitched, raspy, etc. Every hunter has their own idea of how a call should sound, but I've been in the woods and heard a real hen yelp and though that sounds horrible!As long as it sounds remotely like a turkey I think you're safe.
You are so right aand I work for QuakerBoy
Old 04-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Quaker Boy does make good box calls. The first box call I ever bought, and the one I still use is QB Grand Old Master. I love it! Many a turkey have been called in with it.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

FWIW, I've been using the same box call since 1977 - a Lynch® World Champion™ No 102. This call was made at the old Lynch® factory in Liberty, MS, I paid $10.95 for it. This call is 100% mahogany and produces the best cackles, clucks, cuts, purrs, yelps, and gobbles I've ever heard. While I have a lot of other calls none are quite as good as my old Lynch® World Champion™. It has always been my "Go To" call.

Last edited by dawei; 04-09-2011 at 07:43 PM.