Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ticks

Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Spike

Default ticks

How does evbery1 prevent ticks and chiggers from eating you up thanks alot
Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Buy some repellant called Permanone. Spray your clothes the night before and allow to dry over night, this will actually last several days. WARNING! DO NOT SPRAY THIS ON YOUR SKIN, CLOTHES ONLY AND ALLOW TO DRY.

dog1
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dog1
Buy some repellant called Permanone. Spray your clothes the night before and allow to dry over night, this will actually last several days. WARNING! DO NOT SPRAY THIS ON YOUR SKIN, CLOTHES ONLY AND ALLOW TO DRY.

dog1
+1 makes turkey hunting a tick-free sport.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dog1

dog1
Works like a charm. Especially apply liberally to boots, and wear your pants tucked into them
Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

good stuff. lasts for weeks
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutely on the permanone! Thermocell for everything else!!!

Kim
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hit this head on last year both turkey hunting and preping deer stand spots. I used the Sawyer brand yellow and black with Peramethrin spray bottle or aresol cans and never found a live tick on me after that. Treat you outer layer only and do not apply to skin or treat clothes and wear them before it dries though.
If you have sensitive skin it is best to keep a lawyer of untreated clothes between you and the treated ones, I broke out with a few infected hairs after sweating real heavy and my skin absorbed the product on the treated clothes. Wicking jerseys long sleeve and light pants under my 3D siut worked well.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Repel Permanone, but I can hardly find it anymore. I found a couple of cans at our local Sport's Authority but they wanted $10 a can. I had been paying less than $5 a can last year. One guy at a WalMart told my wife that there had been a recall on it because soldiers had been using it too liberally in Iraq and Afghanistan and it was causing problems. I don't know if that is true or not, but it is getting harder to find.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
opg
Spike

Best medicine to get rid of chiggers! Fill the tub up with water, then dump a cup of bleach and scrub yourself off really good. You need to do it within 3-5 hours after coming in contact.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.