Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Worst patterns I've ever seen >

Worst patterns I've ever seen

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Worst patterns I've ever seen

Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Spike

Just had a friend that bought one of these guns and he ordered a TRUGLO choke for it and brought it to my work to pattern it... IT DID GREAT for a inexpensive choke.. $17 i think he ordered it from them direct.. but for $20 or less it may be worth a try
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty sure it says not to use a full choke on this gun in the users guide.
I shoot the mod invector tube and kill birds. You guys countin pellets is pretty funny to lsiten to tho
Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting with 3.5" hevi 13 #7s if that helps.

Last edited by Bigtimer; 04-03-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gun870guy
I'm pretty sure it says not to use a full choke on this gun in the users guide.
I shoot the mod invector tube and kill birds. You guys countin pellets is pretty funny to lsiten to tho

I've never hear dof such a thing. Your using a Mod choke so a full choke is not any harder on the gun it only the way it forum the shot...
Old 04-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Not sure what you are refering to when you say: Pb or HTL????????????
Pb = Lead
HTL = Heavier than Lead such as Hevi•Shot®, Federal® Heavyweight®, Remington® Wingmaster HD®, and Winchester® Xtended Range™.

Last edited by dawei; 04-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

OK folks I have something to confess. Primos named one of their chokes after me, the tightwad. Let me explain. When I first started sighting the gun in I used regular old #7 dove loads just to get on paper at 20 yards. I then moved back to 40 yards and shot some Winchester 3&1/2", #6s. The patterns were terrible. I did this thinking that the difference between the Winchesters and the Hevy 13 #7s couldn't be that much after doing some post from you all there is a huge difference between the two. I'm going out tomorrow with my Hevi 13s and shoot it again at a much larger target and see what happens. I wonder if I can get more Hevi 13 #7s within a week? I know, I know, I should have known better and sighted in with what I intend to hunt with .
Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot the Rem 870 sup. mag myself and love the tight patterns I get with many dif. shells. You might have some luck contacting the manufacture and finding out what they recommend for your shotgun in order to get the best pattern.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RockyMtnGobblers
I shoot the Rem 870 sup. mag myself and love the tight patterns I get with many dif. shells. You might have some luck contacting the manufacture and finding out what they recommend for your shotgun in order to get the best pattern.
If he's shooting a Winchester gun, I could all but guarantee what they would recommend...Winchester Supreme Extended Range. Their priciest shells. They are some pretty good shells, though. I got decent patterns out of them...when I patterned for my gun they came in 4th...behind 1)Rem Wingmaster HD # 6's, 2) Hevi-13 # 7's, 3) Hevi-13 # 6's. They all patterned better than the lead loads I tried out.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

I went back to the range today with some Hevi 13 #7s and the patterns that I got were much better. I have to get some more ammo here by the weekend. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got it shooting the way you wanted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.