Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey slams

Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey slams

How many have achieved the grand slam,royal slam, and world slam. I have only harvested two of the sub-species, but definitley want to achieve several slams. Good luck to everyone this turkey season.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I'd love to know who's done it too!!!

Kim
Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hers is a pic of my bowslam mounts. The bases are the outline of the states. My ultimate goal is getting one in as many states as I can with the bow.
Attached Thumbnails Turkey slams-turkey-slam-sm.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done the grand about 10 -15 times but never kept count. I looked inot the Royal but because of the large dollar difference in Canadian and US I figured it out that it would cost around $4000.00 and there is no turkey that is worth that money and when I know I could kill one.

Bull Nice mounts and congrats ! I wish I could get all mine done, I have 3 and the last one has been at the Taxidermy for 4 years. Don't take anything to Bowyers Taxidermy , you'll never get it...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome bullmoose - Adrian u leave me speechless! LOL

Adrian - when do you start hunting? I want to update it on our team thread...

Kim
Old 03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I've got one grand slam to my credit. It took me 3 years to do it. What I would like to do now is try and do a grand slam in 1 years time, and then go for my royal slam. No interest in shooting an Oscillated.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

oscillated would be awesome... just SO expensive
Old 03-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by paintbrush
I've got one grand slam to my credit. It took me 3 years to do it. What I would like to do now is try and do a grand slam in 1 years time, and then go for my royal slam. No interest in shooting an Oscillated.
Paint, I understand what you mean about the jungle chicken. I also have no desire to hunt them.

Kim, I started hunting back when I was about 10 with my grandfather , but never hunted turkeys until 1989 ...

Last edited by Adrian J Hare; 03-30-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

The greatest trophy you have from all those slams is not the mounts but that good ole pickup beside the garage. Ole Red is a turkey hunting legend in it's own right. I miss shaking along in that thing going down to the lease lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I completed my slam back in 2008. Would like to go hunt the goulds one day but have no desire to hunt the jungle chicken. My 8 year old so is half way there and we are planning a trip for merriams next month. If that goes well we will head to FL next spring to try and finish him out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.