Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Squealing Hen Call?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Spike

Figures a H.S. call, they will make anything for a buck. Like that rediculous Butt out tool
Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased the squealing hen call last year after it went on sale because I too didn't believe that it would work at all. I tried it on two big toms that were with hens every morning and I could never get them called away from the hens. Right once I started using it those two big toms started gobbling like crazy but never came any closer. They just sat there and gobbled. I had three other toms come from a different direction running into the call. I ended up shooting one of them while they were coming in to check out the sound. I don't know if it is a great call yet but it sure did work on that hunt. It will be a last resort call in my turkey vest this spring. Just my personal experience.