Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Whats your favorite mouth call? >

Whats your favorite mouth call?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats your favorite mouth call?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

" ......I pretty much still SUCK at using mouthcalls......" TG

Hope this helps;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju5gSS-wmmA&NR=1
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Spike

Woodhaven Copperhead II and Hooks Executioner
Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Spike

Preston Pittman "Black Diamond" and Hooks diaphram calls, plus you can't go wrong with anything from Peck Martin.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the H.S. Strut, Raspy Old Hen.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was always a fan of the HS Strut Deuce Cutter. Any HS Strut fits my mouth well. Also the Quaker Boys and Knight & Hales have always been a favorite of mine. Pittman calls never fit right for me, even after trimming. Woodhavens dont fit too well for me either, but they make a great call. Personally, I like the thin flexible tape, but it all has to do with the shape of your palate. I've started making my own thin tape cutters and I won't ever buy another name brand call. Custom calls are the only way to go in my opinion. If you can find somebody that will make one exactly how you want it, you'll be set. However, if the situation's right and a turkey's hot and willing to play, you can kill him with just about any store bought call. Good luck
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default mouth calls

Quaker Boy calls have served me well.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

My favorite mouth call is the EXECUTIONER by Hooks.
If you try one you will be impressed. When I learned to use a mouth call it was on a mass produced call. If you get a hand made call and start blowing on it, it might take you a little longer to get the turkey sound, BUT you will get the best turkey sounds.

I received another hand made call in the mail a couple of weeks ago, from a member on here. He makes them by hand in his home. It sounds pretty good too.
It is a kinda prototype, so I can not give out any names. Yet.

John
Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

HS Strut has a 4 pack which gives you a wide range of sounds and the Primos 3 pack also is a good set of calls. I use the 2 reed ones best because they seem to be easy to master and are not to loud when in a tight valley or rideg area. I practiced with the 1 reed ones at first they are simple to use and get basic yelps,cutting hen and clucks out of.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Adventure Game Calls & Hunters Specialties
Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the HS flex frames but with these it's best not to switch back and forth to std frames.It just throws me off a little getting accustomed to the different feel.I also like Quaker Boy.The only one I really didn't like at all was the old Primos True Double.That huge frame felt like I had a horse shoe in my mouth.After trying everything I could I just threw it away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.