Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Whats your favorite mouth call? >

Whats your favorite mouth call?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats your favorite mouth call?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you peeps having trouble with mouth calls, try using the Chattahoochee "Excited Hen" call. I have no affiliation with them, I met them at a show in Alabama, PA or maybe NC years ago, and became a big fan of their stuff. They just make a really easy to learn call. Ive watched hunters having some issues with mouth calling sound like seasoned veterans in a few days with this call. Its like riding a bike, once you figure it out, you can start to work with any diaphram calls from any manufacturer until you find that one you think sounds the best.

http://www.chattahoocheegamecalls.com/mouth-calls.htm
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

Quakerboy World Champ!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bornagain64
My favorite mouth call is the EXECUTIONER by Hooks.
If you try one you will be impressed. When I learned to use a mouth call it was on a mass produced call. If you get a hand made call and start blowing on it, it might take you a little longer to get the turkey sound, BUT you will get the best turkey sounds.

I received another hand made call in the mail a couple of weeks ago, from a member on here. He makes them by hand in his home. It sounds pretty good too.
It is a kinda prototype, so I can not give out any names. Yet.

John
Hooks, no doubt. I've got most made. Scott makes the best mouth call out there.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I use the primos signiture series mouth call it is the best mouth call I have used. I also tried out the primos "dome" mouth call & hated it! Does anyone like the "dome" mouth calls?? They sound cheap & feel weird in my mouth...

-South
Old 04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by South33
I use the primos signiture series mouth call it is the best mouth call I have used. I also tried out the primos "dome" mouth call & hated it! Does anyone like the "dome" mouth calls?? They sound cheap & feel weird in my mouth...

-South
I have a couple Primos sonic dome calls, and I think the sound good. Consistent sounds, and good sounds. Maybe that they do not fit your mouth well. I will say that when I first tried them, before becoming very proficient with a mouth call, it was hard for me to use one of them, but the more I practiced with it, the better that call sounded...it still sounds good.

The Primos Signature Series calls do sound pretty good. Which one are you using? The "Will Primos" model is my favorite of them, but all three of the ones I have tried sounded good. I like that Pitchfork cut on the Will Primos signature series call.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
I have a couple Primos sonic dome calls, and I think the sound good. Consistent sounds, and good sounds. Maybe that they do not fit your mouth well. I will say that when I first tried them, before becoming very proficient with a mouth call, it was hard for me to use one of them, but the more I practiced with it, the better that call sounded...it still sounds good.

The Primos Signature Series calls do sound pretty good. Which one are you using? The "Will Primos" model is my favorite of them, but all three of the ones I have tried sounded good. I like that Pitchfork cut on the Will Primos signature series call.
Ya, I use the "Will Primos" Signature Series, & love it. I have been trying to get a comfortable fit out of the dome call, but like you said it doesn't fit my mouth well...

-South
Old 04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

I use the the h.s strut e-z rasp small frame. igot it becouse it was the cheapest one in the store but it sounds great. My friend payed 3 times as much for his quaker boy and mine sounds better.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had good luck with QB's Screaming Green Nasty Ol' Hen and Boss Hen. I don't like the foam mouth calls too much. Another one like during the last two seasons was Woodhaven's Red Wasp & Copperhead.