Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
thinking about turkey hunting >

thinking about turkey hunting

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

thinking about turkey hunting

Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

By this time in the pre-season, you can scout with your ears. Get to your hunting spot just b4 daylight & listen.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Kim-
The full body mounts were done in Monroe City by Steve Like.

I did all the fan mounts. I have been using old 150+ yr-old barn lumber from a scrap pile at my folks' place. Once you sand it down and put the router to it you can get an incredibly beautiful plaque. I do my in-law's fans for free (good practice). Here's one I did for my mother-in-law and I think it was her first bird. It's one of my favorites because of how the old lumber finished up:

I called in my best friend's first bird for him last year and did a fan mount for him for free, but he ended up buying me a Yellow Jacket bow target as a thank-you. I have done a couple other that I charged $50 for. Here's the one I did up for my buddy last spring (for some reason the colors are weird in the picture):

rw
Old 03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

VERY cool!!! You did a great job!

Kim