Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Clothing Needed For Turkey Hunting? >

Clothing Needed For Turkey Hunting?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Clothing Needed For Turkey Hunting?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default I wish

I wish that I was the one that thought up the idea of camo for hunters... when it first came out, everyone needed it, now everytime there is a new design, people buy it. Its the same with scents and scent killers...
Seriously Dynasty, wear what you'll be comfortable in for the weather of the day and put a rain suit in your backpack. Natural colors, browns greens, tans, reds. Years ago we used to wear what was in our closets not special clothing just for hunting.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
I wish that I was the one that thought up the idea of camo for hunters... when it first came out, everyone needed it, now everytime there is a new design, people buy it. Its the same with scents and scent killers...
Seriously Dynasty, wear what you'll be comfortable in for the weather of the day and put a rain suit in your backpack. Natural colors, browns greens, tans, reds. Years ago we used to wear what was in our closets not special clothing just for hunting.
While I agree with the sentiment, I wouldn't recommend wearing red during turkey season....or blue or white.....there are just too many idiots out there.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default well

well, I'm on private land. I share the cautiousness though and always wear a orange hat walking in and out.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Spike

How about one of these?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CFYQ9QEwBA
Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Spike

Or one of these ?

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CG8Q8wIwBQ#
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Spike

I just recieved a set of first lite camo that i ordered from www.bugsnbullets.com with kenetrek boots and free stuff and wore them out hiking last weekend. it was about 60 and cooled me off when i was hot and then kept me warmer when i stopped. it was the best investment ive made in a while for hunting gear. i got it in asat but i saw they had mossy oak and realtree too.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear a 3D bug suit over earth tone outdoor clothing with a turkey hunting mask. I spent 50 bucks on the 3D suit which is very cool on warm days and will fit over all the cloths needed in the spring,even a rain suit. My mask was about 5 bucks. I have had turkeys come within 5 to 8 feet of me and look right past me as if I was invisible. Go to my albums and you can see what I wear,it works great.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

I love to suggest,but myself i dont have enough money to buy turkey and deer camo,so i take my deer patern,and take rubberbands and tie green foliage all over me....i may look pretty stupid,but ive got saved money
Old 07-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Spike

This is my all time favorite piece of head gear, great for warm temps
Hunter's Specialties brand http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=424242
Have fun out there!