Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Something To Ponder

Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sat down once next to a cabbage palm, turned my head and I was face to face witha snake, talk about scared, OMG.....good thread !
Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I "ain't" allergic to poison ivey (yet). Copperheads ??? Probably . Point well made. Copperheads are among the best cammoed snakes the Lord has made. Warm weather is here in SE Alabama. I'll be wearing snake boots Friday morning. I don't know of anyone anyone is marketing snake "drawers" .... (yet). If they were out there, some one would be buying them.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Wow! Starts making you wonder how many you've crawled by while hunting and never saw..... probably best we don't know! LOL!

Be safe out there everyone, and let's kill some birds!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Spike

My luck, i wouldnt even see it, get my ass bit.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have had two close encounters with snakes while turkey hunting. Luckily both were black snakes.

First time one crawled across my boots, he was on my foot before I realized what was happening.

The last time scared the bejezus out of me, and I am a person who thinks snakes are fascinating. I was sitting in a tight little clearing I made in some brush and vines along a field edge. With me sitting in my turkey lounger the growth was about to head level beside me. I was nice and concealed. Well, I heard a commotion to my left and as soon as I turned to look a black snake head popped out and I mean POPPED out of that brush about a foot from my face. I swear time stood still at that moment.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Digi
The last time scared the bejezus out of me, and I am a person who thinks snakes are fascinating. I was sitting in a tight little clearing I made in some brush and vines along a field edge. With me sitting in my turkey lounger the growth was about to head level beside me. I was nice and concealed. Well, I heard a commotion to my left and as soon as I turned to look a black snake head popped out and I mean POPPED out of that brush about a foot from my face. I swear time stood still at that moment.
Heh, took me a while to see the snake in the pic. part color blind and going from a photo doesn't help. Digi, I bet when that black head popped out a little brown head popped out into your drawers, lol. I've had to chase a rattlesnake from my neighbor's steps just so she could go inside after getting home from work. Lucky me it didn't want to mess around and just left. Just remember everyone, be careful and be aware of your surroundings.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by turkeyslayer15
any time im fixin to set down, i may make some noise but i push all the leaves away from where im gonna sit in about a 4 foot circle and i look very closely
Not a problem...just a bit of scratching! Best call in the woods.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
don't take poison ivy and don't even look for snakes, why? cause if ya look for snakes your gonna see one, then all you'll get done is thinkin about it and lookin for more snakes!
RR
LOL! I agree.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Spike

Or this! Removed this guy from my property Tuesday!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'd rather step on that sneaky bugger than sit on it!!! Better yet - NEITHER!!!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.