HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Hevi shot prices (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/341762-hevi-shot-prices.html)

Buckhound 03-11-2011 03:05 PM

Hevi shot prices

Was going to try some Hevi this season, and wondered where the best prices are?

I went through the order process at Cabela's for 4 various Hevi-shot 5 box rounds and the total came to a few pennies short of 100 bones.:eek: And that's a total of 20 shells. Needless to say I backed out of the order and searched elsewhere.

The best I could come up with again for the 4 bxes with 5 rounds, 20 shells total, was 84 bones and some change at Ables Ammo.

Are you guys getting any better prices on these, and if so, where? Thanks

hunt12ga 03-11-2011 03:28 PM

I had a local gun shop order some for me last year and I think he sold it to me for $18/box. You may look into that because it could possibly save you a bit in shipping. When it's only 20 shells, every little bit off counts!

Maybe look at Gander Mountain's website. They had some on sale a while back, and I don't think they charge for shipping. I don't know what their rules are for ammo though.

Also, check out the Hevi rebates. They will send you $5 back per box (up to 4). That's a buck a shell HEVI-13 and MAG BLEND REBATE

rw

EFH 03-11-2011 04:29 PM

Do you have a local sporting goods store that sells singles? That could keep you from buying so many. 4 boxes would last me 4 or 5 seasons.

bornagain64 03-11-2011 05:38 PM

My dicks sporting goods had them on sale last week.
All my store had was the 3" and 3 1/2" magblend.
Also Dunn's sporting good had them on sale.

And do not forget about the rebate. You get $5.00 back for each box you buy.

John

Buckhound 03-12-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by EFH (Post 3785304)
Do you have a local sporting goods store that sells singles? That could keep you from buying so many. 4 boxes would last me 4 or 5 seasons.

I wanted a variety of different loads, as I still have to pattern them. The intial cost is what kills you when you must pattern them, which can involve shooting many as it is also a new gun. So I purchased both 3in. and 3.5 in. in a couple different shot sizes.

But yes, once I decide on the load that shoots the best, 1 box should be plenty for 1 year, as I only get a few turkey tags.

HomerJ 03-12-2011 04:03 PM

Shell prices? How 'bout the gas to get there? I'll go thru more gallons than shots this year... I hope!

AUTiger 03-17-2011 06:32 AM

I bought 5 boxes in febuary from cabelas for 20 a box and they came with a 5$ a box rebate. I try and only shoot 1 turkey a year so between that turkey and the snakes - i should be good for a while

JoeA 03-17-2011 06:15 PM

The price is HIGH, but wait til you see what it'll do in the field. I've used hevi-shot for a few years, and can't complain.

It'll do the job on geese too....bang...fold...fall

Bible_Man 03-17-2011 09:43 PM

On sale on Cabelas site for 18.99 I believe. That's about as cheap as you will find it.

onebigelk 03-26-2011 10:16 PM

I was at cabela's in st. louis last tuesday and hevi 13's 5 per box were marked 18.99 but rang up for 16 something I forget exactly and were offering 5.00 repates per box. I've never shot them but was looking to try some, so i bought a box of 5's and a box of 6's, we'll see.