HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Need Florida Hunting Update (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/341687-need-florida-hunting-update.html)

hunteditor 03-10-2011 06:57 AM

Need Florida Hunting Update

Hey guys--wondering what the word is on the hunting down in south Florida right now. Has anybody heard anything?

Adrian J Hare 03-10-2011 11:00 AM

Florida hunters are very much like tight lipped gobblers. They tend to tell their story about their hunt and they are bombbarded with Pm's from hunters wanting to get in for a free ride. I really don't blame them...

Nauticstar 03-10-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare (Post 3784795)
Florida hunters are very much like tight lipped gobblers. They tend to tell their story about their hunt and they are bombbarded with Pm's from hunters wanting to get in for a free ride. I really don't blame them...

Adrian! My Canadian brother! It's your buddy from South Alabama! I'll be at Gilchrist March 31-April 3 and be happy to give you a report! Hope you are doing well and still waiting for you to make it down to Bama!

huntnma 03-11-2011 01:52 AM

they are gobbling their fool heads off and thats all youre getting, lol.........seriously, they are hot, some of the hens are acting like they have nests already and it's on baby........woohoo

rihmfire 03-11-2011 05:05 AM

they are pretty fired up in central florida too....

Adrian J Hare 03-11-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nauticstar (Post 3784823)
Adrian! My Canadian brother! It's your buddy from South Alabama! I'll be at Gilchrist March 31-April 3 and be happy to give you a report! Hope you are doing well and still waiting for you to make it down to Bama!

Well I'm glad to hear from you Bro.

Let me know how you make out, I have to say I'll never forget our time together.... Good luck bud..

Nauticstar 03-11-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare (Post 3785244)
Well I'm glad to hear from you Bro.

Let me know how you make out, I have to say I'll never forget our time together.... Good luck bud..

No doubt! Will be sitting next to a tree in the morning via Mississippi! So pumped! Low 42, High 75 and not a cloud in the sky! Should be good!

palmtree2 03-12-2011 12:46 PM

The birds where hot this morning hope to take a youth hunter in the morning if his mom lets him.

huntnma 03-12-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by palmtree2 (Post 3785653)
The birds where hot this morning hope to take a youth hunter in the morning if his mom lets him.

well good luck to ya if you go....I went scouting, had one gobbling, but then another hunter decided he was going to come in too.......so I moved...birds were quiet here but then again if I wasn't disturbed I probably would of heard more...hopefully tomorrow will be a good day for us both.

bornagain64 03-12-2011 04:27 PM

we had a cold front this weekend, so the birds shut up again.
I went out and checked a spot they where gobbling good two weeks ago and did not here anything.
Also found some new tape and a ground blind near my area.
Public land birds are the toughest birds to kill.

John