Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Any Federal Heavyweight users? >

Any Federal Heavyweight users?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any Federal Heavyweight users?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Any Federal Heavyweight users?

Right now I shoot the Hevi-shot Magnum Blend. I've been interested in the Federal Heavyweight due mainly to the Flitecontrol wad.

I shoot the Blackcloud out of my SBEII and love it. Have any of you shot the Federal Heavyweight and been able to see a difference?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen it pattern in testing and have to say it was a very good load. Patterns compareable to Hevi 13 easy...
Old 03-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Federal Heavyweight can be a good load, but you have to have the right choke. No chokes with porting, or wad strippers, and not so tight that they compress the petals of the wad too much.

I feel like Federal would dominate the market if they would up their payload, move to a more turkey hunter friendly wad, and with their shot density move to a #8 pellet.....oh well one can always dream.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Spike

Yes as he said, alot of chokes wont take the flitecontrol wad..