Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Need to keep turkeys out of my yard! >

Need to keep turkeys out of my yard!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Need to keep turkeys out of my yard!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

I joked before, but I'll have to agree, can't see them hanging around if there's a dog in the yard!
Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you might need to convert to being a vegan!!!

I promise you... wack a few and they will give your yard a break dude...

Gotta love these forums lol
Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Okay since only JW read the post, i live within the city limits so that mean i may not use a firearm in town or else i would gladly take my limit a year, never poach.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
DTO
Spike

Think of it as a practice range. Case of beer and paintball gun. Or there is always the bow option. A bow is not considered a firearm.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all if you got that many "WILD" turkeys running around in your yard... There has got to be some kind of woods near by...

Im not going to believe that you cant take that bow you got in your aviator and wack 2 or 3 of these "WILD" birds...

I would of done bought a adult air rifle and done put the smack down on these "WILD" turkeys

Better yet... Break out the vidio camera and have your buddy video you shooting a couple and post the video's on hear... You'll become a turkey hunting legend over night
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Better yet... Break out the vidio camera and have your buddy video you shooting a couple and post the video's on hear... You'll become a turkey hunting legend over night
IMO.... Videotaping yourself poaching and then posting it on the internet would be the dumbest thing you could do... Just sayin. Lol
Old 03-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, these last few poast are rediculous, there is no way I am going to be cruel to an animal...they have started mating as of today and spend most of the day in the feild, and by the way a bow is considered a firearm i believe.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

A bow up in these parts is not concidered a firearm here. You can use a bow in almost any town as well as off any tar road you are traveling on. Some towns do have laws on any projectiles and those are areas that can put you in a spot. But, it is still not concidered anything like a firearm.

Also a place I am planning on hunting in the spring the farmer has over a hundred birds a day attacking his grain silo. He shoots one every couple of days and they still keep coming back. It is legal for him to protect his silage from turkey dung. That is where I am heading out on my turkey hunts this spring.. It sounds to me like maybe some one nearby might be feeding them.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM
DTO
Spike

Oh since you don't want to hurt the poor turkeys, take an old bed bring and pour corn in between the springs and then when the turkeys go to eat it they will put their heads down in the springs then won't pull their heads out due to turkeys being stupid. then take a box and a pair of wire cutters and capture and relocate the turkeys on another spot where you hunt. If you don't think the bead spring thing wont catch turkeys trust me I have not done it myself but seen it done on film.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have now problem harvesting a turkey, doing it illegally is where i have the problem. And i believe they are feeding on this field and nothing else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.