Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Dave Smith Decoys

Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Difference above in Pic's - I love to make points ...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
As they look good I have also heard some stories that one should keep in mind. I heard that the warrenty on the DSD are Nil and they have had issues with shipping that the company would not stand behind. Now I'm not saying this is true but rather only heard.

The new Zink decoy is every bit as good and is also much lower in price. I'm also like JW and like the Bobblin head too but that company has gone into the ground, so when mine is gone so I bought the zink feeder for a back up
This reminds me of back when I was a kid and we played that telephone game. Hearsay probably is best kept to yourself.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that the items I ordered through DSD were very high quality and the customer service was impeccable. The items were delivered well packaged and on time.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK all, I'm really not sure why everyone is intending to turn this into a Adrian J Hare Bashed the DSD thread because I had NO and don't intend to do so at all. I have only informed hunters that there are more options other then in Question. I did not once bash the DSD decoys and would soon not see twisting of this thread in the direction that I have done so. I have only said what I heard by here say and I know a lot more that I have not said because I don't intend to do that.

If your a DSD decoy user/owner that is great !, I don't have any bad words about you or the decoy, my personal opinion is that I would not open my wallet for one last year and I would not do it again this year. I do not like to pay top dollar on any turkey equipment that may or may not work to an advantage and also I will not promote a product that I pay top dollar for, and this thread is making me do what I do not want to. You will never see the Avian decoy in any of my DVD series unless we came to an agreement and that has yet to happen.

Have I killed gobblers without a DSD or a Avian Decoy "YES" a couple of times and I am sure I will do so again down the road, But I have Killed a few with the Bobblin Head "BuckWing" decoy and you can see that a number of times in my DVD and they no long exsist ....
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got home to find my DSD shipment at my door. Wow! Pictures do not do this decoy justice. I ended up getting the upright hen.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Spike

Congrats RPD63! Can't wait to see the photos after you get out in the field with it!!!
Jen
http://beachbodycoach.com/nehuntress
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Could buy a whole flock for the cost of one DSD.

JW
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one feeding, one up right, and a jake they were on time and looked goood. They are so much better than the pics show. I have never heard a bad thing about them in the five yr that I have been following them. The five dollar decoy will kill bird as well as the 120 dollar decoy its a matter of what you want to fork out.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

Decoys... Who gives a crap... use what you want or afford. Deeks are not 100% necessary anyways...

You need a weapon, a good call and some woodsmanship skills to kill a bird... the rest is all marketing propaganda...

I gotta foam deek that has seen more dead birds than most any other