HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Your opinion of She-Mobile decoy? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/340143-your-opinion-she-mobile-decoy.html)

steve25 02-14-2011 05:12 AM

Your opinion of She-Mobile decoy?

Looking to get a few new hen decoys and seen the She-Mobile and from the pics it looks better than most.

What do you think of the She-Mobile compared to similar or cheaper priced decoys?

IL-Cornfed 02-14-2011 04:15 PM

Instead of buying a "few" cheaper lookin' decoys.... I'd rather have ONE DSD Hen and I'd promise you she would out hunt a FLOCK of cheap hens! The realism is incredible!

turkey harvester 02-15-2011 10:18 AM

Myself by the time they get close enough to see my decoys and to see they aren't real I've already shot them in the face.

Turkey Goddess 02-15-2011 03:03 PM

LOL turkey harvester!!! I love it!!!

Kim :)

turkey harvester 02-15-2011 03:15 PM

Isn't that the way it is supposed to be Kim, shoost dem in da face. lol

steve25 02-15-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed (Post 3773408)
Instead of buying a "few" cheaper lookin' decoys.... I'd rather have ONE DSD Hen and I'd promise you she would out hunt a FLOCK of cheap hens! The realism is incredible!

Those decoys look really nice!! But my budget just won't allow for that.

I have never really hunting with decoys and I am looking to get a couple of hen decoys.

I have to do so much driving to go turkey hunting it just doesn't leave me alot of room to justify spending that much on a decoy, even though it maybe well worth it.

I drive round trip 150 miles every day I hunt because in the bootheal of missouri there are very very few birds and what we do have I feel they should be left alone. With gas getting higher just makes it that much harder on the budget.

bald9eagle 02-16-2011 04:22 AM

I like the look of the new Zink decoy. Almost as good as the DSD and about 40 bucks cheaper.

Turkey Goddess 02-16-2011 03:48 PM

Absolutely turkey harvester!!!!! That's why I LOVE IT! Haha

Kim :)

hunt12ga 02-18-2011 04:04 PM

Ok, I may get corrected for this, but I don't think it matters much to have your decoys looking photo-realistic. I've had toms come in to and strut face-to-face with foam decoys that were held together with fishing line and half the paint worn off of them. They didn't live long enough to warn their buddies about the hen that looked like she was falling apart.:barmy: As long as they aren't shiny or blow around frantically in the wind I think a person can get by with about anything.

But, back to the OP, I like the She-Mobile. I like the metal stake that it comes with. I have one and see no need to replace her. Has worked fine for me for a couple years now. Here is a picture of the first bird she teamed up on with B-Mobile:

rw

flips2 02-23-2011 02:05 PM

I bought She-Mobile and B-Mobile to replace my foam decoys a couple of years ago and like them very much. I was going to get rid of the foam decoys because the paint flaking off and peeling. I decided to buy some hobby paint and repaint the foam decoys, 2 hens and a jake. I bought an extra tail fan mount for the B-mobile and made a jake fan for the foam jake. I also took one of my old beards and hot glued it to the jake to make a 4 inch beard. I will try and post pics in the next few days. Now I have a variety of dekes I can use depending on where I am hunting.