Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Pretty boy or B-mobile!?!? >

Pretty boy or B-mobile!?!?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pretty boy or B-mobile!?!?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pretty boy or B-mobile!?!?

Not sure which one to get!! Any opinions on either one of these?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly lean to the B-Mobile. I have the Jake Mobile with the She Mobile combo. I love it, so light. It also packs up nicely.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Typical Buck

I have B Mobile. Look at the Killer B though it has the movable tail fan. They tweaked the head color in that too and made the body a tad smaller. Found that some of the toms were intimidated by the B.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I have had a chance to use both.

B-Mobile is far easier to carry ~ offers slightly more options and will last longer than P Boy. IMO!
I like the fold up fan holder I got with B mobile. I inserted real tail feathers and with a little bit of care it has lasted now for 4 yrs. The tail folds up and you can insert into the body of BMobile to protect it and carry the decoy.

I did insert a real fan in the P Boy slot. It works fine. I even used a B-Mobile fold up fan in P Boy ~ Worked fine too. However the fan slot left in the body of P-Boy is starting to wear. I see a crack along his body I will need to fix.that. And P Boy is much larger than B-Mobile so a bit more difficult to carry in.
P-Boy used plastic stakes which are hard to insert in hard ground. B-Mobile has a metal stake and is much easily inserted in hard ground.
I didn't care for the color of the PBoy head so I touched it up a bit.
I did add nail polish to the eyes of both.
P Boy does come with a hen, B-Mobile does not. However the ground stake to stabilize the hen was a wooden dowel that did not last long at all. I now use a heavy guage wire instead.

But I like using B mobile with 2 bobble head hens and one old full sized hard shell hen decoy as my laying hen slightly in front of B-Mobile and on an angle. Pay attention to how you see birds interact with each other in a normal setting and mimic that.

This set-up I used in Upper Mich - ` 15 minutes later I had the Boss hen with 2 other hens come marching in with Mr Tom. The decoys are no more than 4 to 8 steps (paces) from the front of me.

JW
Old 02-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl (first time last spring season).

I place a "real" fanned tail & I cut the body of the Tom and place "real" fanned wings into those "slots" I made on the sides.

The two decoys come with a carry bag, which goes over your back like a backpack.

Now, you will scare off young birds (I am not interested in shooting jakes), but I shot two long beards (one who was traveling with a hen & left her immediately to come into my set-up).

I shot both long beards at no more then 15 paces.

BTW - The wooden dowel (I cut it down a lttle) is to "spread" the body of the submisive hen & which also prevents it from blowing away by stronger winds.

Also; I cut two large pieces of cardboard to sandwich the fanned tail & the fanned wings during transport.

The large cardboard goes in the carry bag against my back and helps to keep the decoys "stable" on the walk in & out.

Lastly, I always pack in that decoy carry bag a large long screwdriver to start a hole (seem to always find hard ground) for the stake for the Tom.

Last edited by Sheridan; 02-10-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Spike

Default Pretty boy decoy

Two years ago was my first turkey hunt with my dad, and we set up the pretty boy and pretty girl decoy and had a big tom come in without hesitation. My dad has had great success with them so far, a little much to carry out in the woods but is well worth it in the end. I don't have that much experience with the B-Mobile, but I assume that its a great decoy as well. But if it had to come down to personal choice I would pick the pretty boy, I've never had a problem with them besides being a burden to carry in the woods.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Spike

Wife bought me P-boy set for V-day. I don't think I'll mind packing the set around, but was wondering if a jake fan and beard would lure more adults Toms into range...whereas, the big P-boy might prevent the 2 year old Toms from closing in?? Why not have the best of both worlds? In other words, I'm thinking about converting big bad P-boy to a hotshot jake.

PT
Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have used a jake fan in my b-mobile, but the tips of the feathers are smaller in diameter and don't seem to stay in the holder as well. It may be easier to just cut down the outer feathers of a tom's fan. I haven't had any issues with jakes spooking from mine with the full beard and full fan. I had a single one walk right up to mine last spring and stare it down from a couple feet away (he was also standing right over the big tom I'd just put the smackdown on!) I won't be parting with B- and She-Mobile anytime soon.

rw
Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
I have used a jake fan in my b-mobile, but the tips of the feathers are smaller in diameter and don't seem to stay in the holder as well. It may be easier to just cut down the outer feathers of a tom's fan. I haven't had any issues with jakes spooking from mine with the full beard and full fan. I had a single one walk right up to mine last spring and stare it down from a couple feet away (he was also standing right over the big tom I'd just put the smackdown on!) I won't be parting with B- and She-Mobile anytime soon.

rw
Well, we'll see how we fare with the boss tom fan & beard, I'll be taking the set to KS in Mid-April, then run it up here for my wife and I. Maybe I'll see enough to form an opinion one way or the other.

PT
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

I have a b-mobile,jake mobile, and she mobile. I only used she mobile last year and she worked out just fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.