Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Who makes a good quality pot call?? Looking to gear up for season!! >

Who makes a good quality pot call?? Looking to gear up for season!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who makes a good quality pot call?? Looking to gear up for season!!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite calls are Rocky Top Game Calls. Sound great!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Without knowing what kind of calls you have, here are a few tips that are for any pot call. As some have said, keep the calls conditioned (and when you sand it, go in the same direction and not in a circle). How have stored them in the off season? That may have a detrimental effect if they have been subjected to temp changes (like in a shed outside), or high humidity. If you do all these things well and they are still not sounding right, try getting a custom striker or just a different striker. The mass produced calls are not mated to a particular striker and a lot of times that is the difference in the sounds of two of the "same" calls. Hope this helps. Good luck and good hunting.-GB
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

I condition my calls the same way each time. It is like after the get quite a bit of use I am having to recondition them more more often. At times it is like I have to did it every few mins.

Maybe I am doing something wrong??? Which I think might be the case.

Most of the time I buy a new call(s) every year.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of great calls out there... Dave Holloran definetly makesa awsome Slate!!! A Cody Slate is hard to beat also...