Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

In Memory

Old 02-01-2011, 05:51 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Default In Memory

Hey Turkey huntin brothers, its gonna be a tough season! My father passed 12/31/10, and we lost a old school turkey hunter. Ive never hunted without calling and sharing the hunt with him on my way home, he taught me more about the turkey woods than he could have ever known. Looking forward to sharing a new season with all of you! Good luck and hunt safe!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Spike

EFH, very sorry for your loss. About a year ago the man that taught me how to hunt and fish died about a year ago. He was my next door nieghbor when I was a kid. When I got older we tried to a least go fishing every once and a while. A man whom I will never forget.

Lossing your father is a very trying time, again sorry for your loos.

Ron
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Thanks to both of you, really means a lot!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry for the loss of your father as well.. It is always a sad time when some one close to you die. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family..
Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Im sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
Hey Turkey huntin brothers, its gonna be a tough season! My father passed 12/31/10, and we lost a old school turkey hunter. Ive never hunted without calling and sharing the hunt with him on my way home, he taught me more about the turkey woods than he could have ever known. Looking forward to sharing a new season with all of you! Good luck and hunt safe!
Sorry to hear of your lost!!!...
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

I lost a brother a few years back and he and I talked about hunting together...just never did and I regret that. You have so many memories that will never fade. That is a tough one my friend. Go smack one down for dad this spring!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

EFH...I'm truely sorry for your loss. While your dad may not be there physically, I'm sure he will be there in spirit. He taught you and will continue to look after you....you will know he is too. When you call too much and the bird hangs up, it'll be his voice you hear from a past hunt with a piece of advice help get him the next time. Good luck this spring.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Long, long time ago my grand dad died. I was just a little guy. Can hardly remember him. Mostly from photos I am sure. A neighbor who was "old man" to me then, Herman Goldman, sort of adopted me as his "grandbud". I was a bout 10 I guess. That'd be 1958! He loved me like his on kids. And took me hunting every time he went and i could go. We hunting squirrels, which was Mr. Herman's true love. His Rat Terrier dogs were something else ... and had tbhis particular day treed in this huge old pine. Mr. Herman handed me his 22, which was a first for me. And told me to bring that squirrel to the ground. I looked and looked and looked. But for the life of me I could not find the squirrel. He eased down and spoke softlyn in my ear as to not spooke the squirrel. He told me that I did n ot need to look for the squirrel, but look instead for "what ain't tree." I looked that old tree over again and spotted a "knot" about half way out on one of the limbs. Aimed and shot ... and that squirrel fell some 50 feet I guess, dead. I have never fogotten that lesson or that man. I'd bet my bottom dollar that your dad gave you some advice similar ... something about hunting Toms that you will never forget. And that is how he will never be gone. He's not here but rather somewhere else ... better.

Good luck this season and sorry for your loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.