Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
2011 Season is near!! Are your plans set? >

2011 Season is near!! Are your plans set?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2011 Season is near!! Are your plans set?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2011 Season is near!! Are your plans set?

Hello my name is Lynne and I am an addict, yes I am addicted to TURKEY HUNTING!!

I have been scouting and researching on line since last jun LOL cant get enough of turkey hunting. I have after much research 3 new areas to scout that I will bet I will find turkeys. The dilema.... I have an old honey hole that I know I can call a gobbler in at, I have the roost area and the turkeys patterned, I have gotten a gobbler their every year except my missed shot last year.
Now if I find roosts in the new areas holding good gobblers I would want to try the new areas for more of a challenge. I have only hunted Merriam's and one area I found should hold Rios.
I would hunt the Rios If I find them or go for the Merriam's in the new areas, what would you do?
Are you all hunting new areas this year or your old favorite areas?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Going back to places I've hunted before in MN., SD., and WI., but I'm headed to NE. for the first time this spring. I like the challenge of hunting at least one new area each year if time, money, and the wife will allow.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yes my plans are to get a bigger bird than JW.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Spike

well my plan is to find them get them close and put a broadhead in (2) of them. prop my bow up and show the winners of the 2011 contest. pretty basic! i bet the beards will be this big ha-ha na, just hope to get in the woods and have some fun with family and friends. i hope everybody has a enjoyable,safe & successful turkey season.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

yep, go out and have some fun!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My plans are set....until I hear that first gobble.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JoeA
My plans are set....until I hear that first gobble.

Ain't that the truth!!!! 3 months of planning, 30 seconds into it, all is gone and i'm wingin it!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by silent arrow
well my plan is to find them get them close and put a broadhead in (2) of them. prop my bow up and show the winners of the 2011 contest. pretty basic! i bet the beards will be this big ha-ha na, just hope to get in the woods and have some fun with family and friends. i hope everybody has a enjoyable,safe & successful turkey season.
So Silent arrow...... Your going to put a broadhead in 2 turkeys and show the winners The KEE KEE KREW your turkeys?
Ok We'll look at your pictures!

LOL I couldn't resist!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have a new area myself, its conservation land but it gets locked up with a chain and padlock 2 weeks before season. A buddy of mine is a land owner within the area and now I have a key. Things are looking good. Plus I'll hit my old spots. I know Im wishing my liffe away but I can't wait till spring.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have to wait for the appliations to come out so I can apply for NV.

Then wait until February to find out if I even get to hunt NV this year, and where.

Then if not, figure out an alternative to that.

I am looking at Utah, Idaho, California and Arizona for turkey hunting if I don't draw a NV tag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.