Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ? >

Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Jake Mobile and hen set-up
New England Pump .640 hastings choke
Winchester #5 supremes
Knight and Hale 013 mouth call and ole yeller slate
Hopefully some luck and a gobbling turkey.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Great feed back y'all, seems like everyone's got there stuff lined up sounds great, keep em coming!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Mixed camo and calls remington 870 supermag 12ga 3.5in #5winchesters
Old 01-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Spike

Me i started last year to no avail
gun= browning maxus-3/1/2
shells=remington4x6 copper coated duplex
choke=undertaker extra full turkey lead
Camo=camo i forgot name muck boots
Turkey dekes= primos full half or quater strutin tom
Blind= im gettin it soon
Good luck everyone
Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington M887 12 guage...Ugly Betty
#5 winchester extended
Camo, well that just depends where I'm at...Mossyoak obession for Florida,RT max1 for Nebraska and if I get time to go to Georgia, well we'll have to wait and see how green it is, lol.
My bobblehead hen decoy goes wherever I go
Kaiser calls and of my power crystal from Primos....
Old 01-16-2011, 06:56 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey Ma good to see you! A wingbone call don't go with you Awwwwwwwwww!

Well ~ I am draggin out my BP shotgun - that will be new to me. Startin to look at dates again. Hope to go and Git another Osama Bin Gobblin - don't know if I can make it south as now with my own state selling excess kill tags - kinda hard to pass that up!

JW
Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
Hey Ma good to see you! A wingbone call don't go with you Awwwwwwwwww!

Well ~ I am draggin out my BP shotgun - that will be new to me. Startin to look at dates again. Hope to go and Git another Osama Bin Gobblin - don't know if I can make it south as now with my own state selling excess kill tags - kinda hard to pass that up!

JW
As a scouting tool only JW, I'm not good enough to do anything but very loud calls with it, so it's my locator call.....works great
Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

This year will be a little new.....
'Nelli SBEII (first year to use it) w/Jellyhead....Hoping the Magnum Blend shoot out of it as well as they did the Nova

MO Obsession late season....MO Bottomland to start off (another new one for this year. I use the Bottomland duck hunting and love it)

Hybrid Elite vest, but as much as I use diaphragm calls I wonder why I bother. Bought a Ol' Tom vest last year as a backup/wet weather vest so it may see more field time.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

well, ill be using either the good ol' mathewes outback with hopefully magnus bullheads/gobbler guillotines and 2 rages or my 870 if they hang up (i hunt with my dad so we will just switch if its my shot). a mixture of camo unless i buy the realtree apg that i REALLY want. if i use the shotgun ill use winchester supreme #5's (again depending where i am becuase it seems that the northern birds are tougher and bigger than the souther ohio birds). ill be using my primos mouth calls that ive had for the last 4 years and are still going strong.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Set Up : Full Camo - Mossy Oak Break Up and Realtree AP, Double Bull Dark Horse, 3 mounted hen decoys.

Gun: 12ga Mossberg 835 Thumbhole Turkey, Nikon Turkey Pro, I.C. .720" CHoke.

Loads: TSS 98's

Calls: David Halloran Cacklin Crystal, David Halloran Aluminum, Tom Teasers Slate, H.S. Glass Witch, H.S. Ceramic Ring Zone, Redhead RTX Box Call, Various Mouth Calls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.