Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ? >

Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Show some love, who's all getting ready for gobble season? and what your set-up ?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Bow season = Hoyt Katera w MX-3s...
Gun Season = Rem 870, Win SX3, or Moss 835 all with Rem 3 inch #5 shells
Deeks = She Mobile
Calls from Fire and Iced and Primos diaphrams...
whatever Camo I wear...
and a primos seat for my butt.. cause I dont leave home without it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remington 870 Super Mag with 3.5" Remington Wingmaster HD # 6's...jellyhead choke.
Cabela's Ghil-leaf camo on top...whatever the weather requires underneath.
Not much on decoys...couple hens only if the situation arises.
Primos "Freak" frictionite some, but mostly Rocky Top game calls...glass slate occasionally, but usually their diaphragms. Favorite calls I have used. Primos power crow and Palmer's hoot tube for locators.
Field and stream premium turkey vest and H.S. Strut stool.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prob gonna tote the bow primarily this year. Still want to whack one with my 20 popper though. Burned one tag on a gobbler in the fall with the bow already this year. Gonna wear whatever camo keeps me warm or cool... weather depending. When I'm bow hunting I'll be toting the Whore (widow maker hen) and Puff Daddy (B-Mobile with my custom painted head). I'll be using my same old Woodhaven pot calls and a mix of the Sadler McGraw mouth call and a bunch of Dan Kendalls (mfd here on HNI) custom build diaphrams. The ammo will be a JakHammer SST or Hevi13 #7s depending.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Spike

Default Turkey setup

This is my second year Turkey hunting and as far as gear I will be using Realtree AP camo head to foot, a Benelli Nova 12 ga. with 3 1/2" Fiocchi Golden turkey shells with a Carlsons turkey choke (.665). For a call I will be using a HS box call, and some Primos diaphrams. I will also be using my favorite decoy, the pretty boy and pretty girl. A Primos ground blind will also be at hand.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

UltimateCamo
Remington 1100 dipped in UltimateCamo with Jelly head choke
Chatahoochee Excited Hen diaphram

Cant wait ......