Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Homemade turkey calls---Help >

Homemade turkey calls---Help

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Homemade turkey calls---Help

Old 07-20-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Homemade turkey calls---Help

I want to make a couple of custom glass friction calls as gifts to some friends of mine that taught me to turkey hunt and who were also very gracious in letting me hunt their land for deer and turkeys. (Its also a way for me to stay in touch since I moved this summer and would like to come back in the Fall and Spring)

I can get all the supplies I need to make the calls---but wondered if anyone knows where I should begin to look to have some custom decals made of a logo I designed that would go under the glass? Right now I' m clueless!

Bob Sweet

Old 07-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade turkey calls---Help

A buddy of mine works at a sign company and they have a computer program that can actually cut it out in vinyl. Maybe you should check with one of your local sign makers.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya........theres alot of places that make the things that go on top of a car windshield.....im sure they could do it....most sign shops do it i think....good luck....
Old 07-21-2003, 09:50 PM

There are a couple of guys in the town where I live that have a computer program to make vinyl signs and stickers. I' m sure if you can locate someone where you live that has something like this, they can put you in business.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:07 AM

I agree with all of the above posts, I used to work for a Nationally known sign company called Fast Signs and we used to make those kinds of stickes for a customer who produced custom friction calls. I ran into that same customer this past year at the outdoor show in Harrisburg PA and asked him if he still used vinyl stickers under the glass and he said he didn' t anymore because in his opinion the sticker deadened the sound so he has them screen printed now. But I really don' t think it affects the sound that much, just make sure when you go to the sign shop that you request that they use the thinnest vinyl they have which will probably be around 2 mil. Just ask them to use 2mil vinyl, almost every shop carries that.