Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

cant wait until spring

Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default cant wait until spring

I just returned from a deer hunting trip in the Ozarks. Saw alot of deer but not the right one. On a brighter note saw a group of twelve turkeys, and all were sporting nice beards. Cant wait until spring time rolls around.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I hear you swampbuster, I can't wait either. Now that this crappy deer season is over, I'm ready to run some bunnies. BUt Ive always got turkey on the brain.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I hear you Turkey Harvester this has been a crappy season for deer hunting. Buck sightings have been hard to come by this year, and I spend alot of time in the woods.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I was ready for Spring 2011 in about the middle of June. Lol. This is the first year I didn't make time to deer hunt in 15 years, just been a really busy year. But I will always make time for turkey.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

lol I agree I was ready the day after season ended. Come on spring
Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

I can't wait till April 27th here and April 13th in KS! It is going to be a good spring!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

I was in my stand this morning and heard an owl hoot... Guess it's just a turkey hunter's instinct, but I caught myself listening for a gobble!

I'll be ready for it as soon as I put my muzzleloader back in the gun cabinet when deer season is over.

rw
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was deer hunting a couple weeks ago and heard one gobble twice. That fired me up. I've been seeing two groups pretty often since early Oct. About 25 total birds. I have 4 or 5 new jakes on my place. That is a sight for sore eyes. I have a couple longbeards also. Looks like I'll have some birds for a few years anyway. Only 3 months and two weeks to go. I may be deer hunting now and duck hunting through January, but turkeys are always on my mind.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've already been driving around a couple of my spots on my way home from work. Just a little pre-preseason scouting. Never hurts to over prepare I guess. I still have just about 4 months here to wait though
Old 12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

I hear that been scouting a little myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.