Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My First Turkey Ever !!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

No Doubt if you know the owner it would be better to ask and talk with them. However here if the land is not posted then it is open to hunting. In order for it not to be open the land must be posted. I am not starting a flame war over it by no means but as you stated the law is the law..
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Great job Phil! That is no easy task with the Bow,I've seen pro archers miss Turkeys with their Bows. It is a Hen so what? I think it is success at a high level just geting a Turkey period. Go get a deer now and Good Hunting to ya!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
No Doubt if you know the owner it would be better to ask and talk with them. However here if the land is not posted then it is open to hunting. In order for it not to be open the land must be posted. I am not starting a flame war over it by no means but as you stated the law is the law..
Wow, this is weird! I've never heard of such a thing. I've hunted in three states and every one considers private property to be private!

What state are you in?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whitetailmadness
Dont get me wrong here,but Im a bit confused. If you drive upon some piece of land and as long as it has no posted signs you feel its yours to hunt? Simply because it doesnt have signs doesnt mean its for everyone to hunt on. In my state if land is posted you must have written permission from the owner to hunt it,if it's not you must have verbal permission. Im not slamming you by any means only trying to prevent you from getting a costly citation. Im happy that you got you're first bird,but if you were on private land and was caught hunting on it you would find that bird to be really expensive.
Where I live, what they call that is Road Hunting.

Very Illegal.

It's not really hunting - but just driving around until you see something and then jumping out of the truck and shooting it.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Nice.. way to even the odds come spring when there are 300 hens with them toms...

I need to stab a couple myself
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mac266
Wow, this is weird! I've never heard of such a thing. I've hunted in three states and every one considers private property to be private!

What state are you in?
My name states what state I am in.. That is the way the law is up here. You must post your land if you do not want hunters on it. It is a way of life up here..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-10-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
Where I live, what they call that is Road Hunting.

Very Illegal.

It's not really hunting - but just driving around until you see something and then jumping out of the truck and shooting it.

Have you ever tried jumping out of a truck with a bow and then shooting at something running out of a field? For that matter have you ever tried shooting at a running target with a bow at all? You can rest a sured that niether have I. Here it is legal unless you are shooting from the tar road with a firearm.. Now lets throw in judgement of distance with a bow you have to have your guessing right. Throw in the wind even more guessing to do. I guess perhaps you do not bow hunt? As stated the flock scattered and I waited for around 10 minutes and called some back togther.. My guessing on range and wind paid off for me.. Thanks anyhow.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-10-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks all for the replies.. doetrain..Yes, I am proud of getting it with a bow hen or not. Also being my first turkey ever is a great feeling.. Thanks gun870guy.. we can only shoot a hen or tom during the fall hunt in certain areas.. The spring hunt is just toms which bred early and never came into a call at all for me. A few gobbleing in the first week but nothing coming in.. This spring was my first serious hunt for turkeys so i was happy with what I got..
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Thanks all for the replies.. doetrain..Yes, I am proud of getting it with a bow hen or not. Also being my first turkey ever is a great feeling.. Thanks gun870guy.. we can only shoot a hen or tom during the fall hunt in certain areas.. The spring hunt is just toms which bred early and never came into a call at all for me. A few gobbleing in the first week but nothing coming in.. This spring was my first serious hunt for turkeys so i was happy with what I got..
Dont mind the heros... most of the folks on here, you'll learn , don't really hunt... just talk alot of chit
Old 10-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.