HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Adrian J Hare -Its all over for me 2010 another for the team (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/323864-adrian-j-hare-its-all-over-me-2010-another-team.html)

jalvja 05-28-2010 09:23 AM

Adrian J Hare -Its all over for me 2010 another for the team

Darn Jalvja did it to me again :p

This morning we got up and headed in to hunt two gas well's on the property that one of our staffers for Quakerboy was hunting all week. As it broke light I didn't hear any kind of turkey talk so I had my back up plan. In the last two days birds have been working over this ridge line and I decided to head to this place about a 1/2 mile away. As I got there the gobbling was well underway. I slipped in under the cover of leaves and got set just inside the woods frpm a open area and the birds were some 70-90 yards out. Not very long and I see birds coming out of the trees and landing just up from me and yep there is a fanned out Pa gobbler showing off to the hens he had. A couple minutes pass and another gobbler shows up and follows suit with the other.
I made4 a couple real soft yelps only a few notes and a couple soft clucks along with them. The gobblers respound in an instance and I also have a hen start to cut back. I return once again with a few notes in a yelp and stop and wait and here they come. Two hens walk in and come right behind me and one was about 3 feet away to my back, sounded like a human walking in on me :o
The gun is up and here comes the strutter with a white ball coming right at me and he makes it into 35 yards and the hen behind me starts to Putt. To late as the 20 gauge was all ready anchored on the white ball.
My 2010 season is over with my second PA longbeard
18 Lb
1 1/4 matching spurs
10 in beard

JW 05-28-2010 09:28 AM

Dang! -

Now the ole withdrawals start for Adrain....jalvja......err somebody out there!

Congrats!

JW

tschaef 05-28-2010 05:34 PM

Good work Adrian.
How did you do in Ontario, or did you get to try?
I'm having a really tough time, rain every weekend. Only 100 acres to work with but they are usually on this property, just not this year. Thinking about trying a Simcoe County forest for my last chance tomorrow but really haven't scouted any of them.

huntnma 05-29-2010 03:35 AM

woooohooo again

Adrian J Hare 05-29-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by tschaef (Post 3631380)
Good work Adrian.
How did you do in Ontario, or did you get to try?
I'm having a really tough time, rain every weekend. Only 100 acres to work with but they are usually on this property, just not this year. Thinking about trying a Simcoe County forest for my last chance tomorrow but really haven't scouted any of them.

well I've done well this spring taking 5 longbeards and some really good hooks,

I've done well in Ontario but have found the population seems to be down in the Simcoe County areas but they do have the odd bird....

OntElk 05-31-2010 06:40 AM

he's being modest tschaef. Got something like a 99% success rate between himself and his clients (should of been 100% but sometimes you can't control what happens with the person on the gun). And like he said it was accomplished in an area whcih is down in numbers significantly.

Great job man.

When we putting in the food plots?

turk2di 05-31-2010 12:24 PM

Way2go buddy!!

Timbrhuntr 06-01-2010 08:49 AM

Congrats on another fine season !

Turkey Goddess 06-03-2010 04:28 AM

WOW... What a great season!!! Congrats Adrian!!!

p.s. I'm now hiring a guide for fall turkey season ;) LOL

Kim :)