Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey calls

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

I used to take several calls when i first started 21 seasons ago, now i just pack my Power Crystal & a mouth call i rarely use!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Spike

3 diaphragm calls, box call and a slate call and I usually have a crow call hanging from my neck.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a mouth yelper and a slate. I grab a mouth yelper with that bat cut or whatever for some rasp, and a yella hammer slate cause I think its the awesomest.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Spike

Generally I have 4 mouth calls, 2 each of the same kind. Just in case I loose one. I use 2 mouth calls at the same time. 1 Aluminum pot call, 1 crystal wood frame pot call, 1 crystal poly frame pot call, 1 waterproof box call, 1 gobbler call, hoot tube, wood hen call, crow call and gobble tube. And a KIYI call just for the coyote that may sneak in or pass by. All these with my shells, 2 pr camo gloves, 2 masks, hand trimmers with half doz strikers fit into a belt holding 2 waterproof leg packs I purchased a few years ago, all very accessible. Everyone has their favorites they use but a little change in the routine can make the difference.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Spike

I carry 3 or 4.
Usually they're different calls each day but they're all boatpaddle long boxes. I make my own calls and test them whenever possible. I used to carry mouth calls and a pot call occasionally but now it's just the boatpaddles.

David
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Spike

A slate, glass, crystal, aluminum or copper pot call and a wormy chestnut box...then a couple of my favorite mouth calls..If he's ready to hunt he'll come in with any of the 3
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

I use and carry about 3 or 4. 2 locators and 1 or 2 other calls... either box or slate