Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
How big is a 70pt typical turkey >

How big is a 70pt typical turkey

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How big is a 70pt typical turkey

Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless I live in the Golden triangle for turkey hunting theres now way a 70 gobbler equals a 170 buck. Out of 33 gobbles Ive killed, 6 have scored over 70. The highest being 76. I just dont think you can compare the two.

With that being said, I do think a 80" typical turkey is more rare than a 170" buck. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
80 is really the magic number for a single bearded turkey in my opinion. 80 for a turkey to me is the equivalent of 170 in a typical whitetail.
I'd have to agree there.... a 80 pt typical Tom is indeed a World Class turkey, comparing nicely to a B&C whitetail!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zmax hunter
bs,....oh really? here are spurs as compared to a 3" 12ga shell

this bird totalled over 78 points

Not to mention, the Kansas record typical stands at 88 4/8 points, their scoring is a bit different than the NWTF,..he doeesnt even make the Kansas top 20 list.

the Kansas nontypical record is 158 6/8,...both birds came from Frankiln County
Yes , Z... we've all seen that dudes spurs on all the forums! However, most turks are very average.... like the smaller bodied Tom you recently shot.... nothing special just average. We KNOW that there are birds taken every year that score very well..... thanks for pointing one out for us! The point is, have you noticed all the folks that claim 1 1/2"+ spurs yet refuse to share a photo of the spurs? I think a lot of these folks are simply uneducated in the scoring system and I even think some measure from the far side of the leg !!!