Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Pa archery turkey .......finally!! pics added >

Pa archery turkey .......finally!! pics added

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pa archery turkey .......finally!! pics added

Old 05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pa archery turkey .......finally!! pics added

ok guys ive put more time and effort into scouting..roosting and watching birds this year then i ever have.. and after 3 days of absolute frustrating just out of bow range turkeys i finally got 1....sat my blind up last night near the roost so i could watch them fly up so i could set up in the morning..sat watched 14 long beards and 9 hens walk 10 steps past me last night into the roost..so i left my blind where it was.. came in the morning... at 5 and set up a carrylite pretty boy n girl... about 10 yards to my right...right at sun up i did a little pillow talk for them and they ate it up..hear them all fly down 1 after another...next thing i know the woods goes quite like they had just been abducted by aliens or something..no scratching gobbling.. nothing...all of the sudden i see a red head at 30 yards..im in a ground blind so i just watched him for a bit....he came to 20 yards and did a kind of half strut.. i drew put my pin on the base of the neck and let him have it..bird just crumpled and my easton ACC tipped with a slick trick magnum flew threw his head and embedded in a tree about 15 yards behind where he was standed.. he was by no means the biggest bird i watched fly up but hes a dandy.. took hom to the taxidermist about an hour about.. turned out i completely severed the spinal cord and only skin was holding the head on....first ever turkey with a bow only 2nd turkey ever killed
i will post pics if i can figure out how
not a bad bird.. 9 inch beard and 1 inch spurs about 18-19 lbs just a guess on weight though

Last edited by nwtrykon87; 05-04-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: pictures added
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Spike

Congratulations!! It is hard enough to get one in range with a gun but to do it with a bow is awesome..
Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Nice !!! One of these years i am going to put the shotgun aside and try the bow for one.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice bird! Congrats.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Spike

nice bird
and with a bow
i am going to try and get one with a bow this fall
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

You can't get a better shot than that!!! Congrats!!! Good looking beard on him too!

Admittedly I'm jealous that you're seeing all these turkeys! LOL I think all the Indiana turkeys got abducted by aliens!!! haha

Kim
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Bow Bird Down!

Great job,great shot! That's my only regret this year not having my Bow with me when I shot my bird, he was never more than 14 yards away. Unlike you I was not in a blind but was behind him most of the time he was in view. Good Hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.