Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
afternoon hunting tatics? >

afternoon hunting tatics?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

afternoon hunting tatics?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

well i went out this morning and got rained out. left the house again around 0800 when the rain started to let up. i went to the spot mentioned above and done some looking around. i tried the crow call numerous times but never got anything back. i never saw any sign of turkey but i did see a hen huddled up under a cedar tree when the rain picked back up around 1030. even though i didn't hear anything i set my 2 hen decoys up in a field where i have seen a group of 15+ on several occations in the past, called a few times and waited but it never struck interest to much of anything. hope it goes better in the morning
Old 04-24-2010, 09:06 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I take a nap or troll!

Trolling is calling softly every 50 steps or so. But before you call - make sure you have a good place to sit down fast AND make sure it is not in a bush - trust your camo!

learn from my dumb mistakes!

JW