Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fanny Fatigue

Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

I bought a beach chair a few years ago. It`s low to the ground and very comfortable. The colors were bright, so I cut up some old camo coveralls and fitted them to the chair. Then I added backpack straps. It works great.

I did it before there started to be low "hunting" chairs on the market. Now, I`d, probably, go with the Gobbler lounger from Cabela`s.

Link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=89291
Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being all of 27 years old, you'd think I wouldn't have such problems... but years of catching baseball and military college has taken a toll. And frankly... who doesn't like to be comfortable?

I have a Bob Dixon turkey vest (best money I ever spent short of my GPS and Danner Boots) and it has the thickest pad I've ever seen on a turkey vest. I use one of the elevated seats that several others that have posted use also.

If I am going to be in it for the long haul (ambushin' one), I also have a wheel barrel inner tube that is inside a camo cover with a shoulder strap..... if you sit on that thing and get a sore butt... then you got some bigger issues...

If you are having arse pains... those rubber inflateable tire innertubes are the berries.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Seriously dude, the cabelas gobbler lounger is the ticket. I don't know if they still sell the one I have but it is crazy comfortable. I honestly feel like I kill more turkeys because of this seat due to not moving and fidgeting and just getting up and moving due to comfort. Alot of turkey killing is patience and this seat removes the discomfort of sitting as the limiting factor. Two thumbs up (if they still sell the same seat).

PS disclaimer: I am not a big person (<185 lb) and everything is relative.

This is the link to what I and others are writing of:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabela...2609352?v=info

I can't find this chair on Cabelas site. I hope it didn't go away.

Last edited by Digi; 04-24-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gobbler lounge is the ship!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I have gone from the cushion on the vest to toting along a camo boat cushion that I added a strap to the handles of the cushion. I used that combo for many years.
The strap makes it very easy to slip over my head to run and gun to adding the cushion to those 4 leggged stools to
Steel framed beach chairs I sprayed painted OD green to NOW my full blind with a big comfy chair as I can't sit on the ground no how!

I went from those sack chairs to the NWTF chair I use today.

You certainly are correct - If you can't sit comfortable - you can't sit still!

So improvise -

JW
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Best turkey chair on the market.

http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/ALPS%20O...hair%20MC.html

If you have an adjustable straps on your turkey vest, this chair will fold up and slide right between the back of your vest, and the game bag.

I have used the gobbler lounger form Cabela's, and it is very comfortable. The problem I had was with the feet sinking into soft ground.

Gman
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

wish they made a light weight recliner to put in my turkey blind!!! lmao