Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fanny Fatigue

Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default Fanny Fatigue

What do you sit on in the woods while turkey hunting? My arse sure hurts after an hour or two sitting against a tree.

The seat attached to the vest I use is just about shot. Not sure it was ever great, but I do LOVE the vest it is attached to. What do you guys sit on? Want to keep the vest but maybe replace the seat, or the measley stuffing inside. Any thoughts?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem with the seat I got mine 2 weeks ago with the vest and it is better than sitting on the ground but not by much..i am thinking about one of the seats they sell at wal mart in the sporting goods
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I got a BIG Fat bottom. I never thought about being Blessed for it being so big...Lol

I do carry a Black Plastic Trash bag to sit on when it is wet.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas Gobbler Lounger. Love it.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

I have lower, back pain, and can't sit still to long.
I got this, at Wal-Mart, I think it was about $20.00
It has adjustable legs.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I got the HS Scents folding seat and it works pretty good. I believe Cabelas has them for $17 bucks. Good investment I believe.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have a boat seat bolted to a an office chair base that has the wheels and plastic taken off, and piston drilled so it is stuck in the lowest postion.

I use this in a blind that I setup. The downside is if I decide to sit some where else I'm sitting on the ground.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Spike

Why not use a small pop up blind and a folding canvas chair?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default F Fatigue

I bought a stool several years ago with a web seat and about 4 inch nonfolding legs. I extended the legs about 6 inches with some old aluminum tent poles and added a 1 1/2 inch foam pad off an old deer stand. Also added padded (backpack shoulder straps and 4 extra lond boot strings).

I use a homemade curtain blind and use the boot laces to tie it to the stool if I'm moving. The boot laces are also used to tie a turkey inside the legs of the stool, really makes carrying a turkey out of the woods.

I also have 3 blinds I set up each year and use the canvas bag chairs in those. After 2 or three weeks, my rear end starts to faint siting on that stool every day. Arthiritis is rough and there's no way I can sit on the ground on the pads attached to turkey vest. I believe I bought the stool from Cabelas, not sure they sell them anymore.

dog1

Last edited by dog1; 04-19-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TopH2O
What do you sit on in the woods while turkey hunting? My arse sure hurts after an hour or two sitting against a tree.

The seat attached to the vest I use is just about shot. Not sure it was ever great, but I do LOVE the vest it is attached to. What do you guys sit on? Want to keep the vest but maybe replace the seat, or the measley stuffing inside. Any thoughts?
I had the very same issues as well with the seat cushion on my vests over the years. I've since went with the folding seat by H.S. Strut. I've also placed one of those foam heat cushions on top of it as well. Works slick!!! Here's a link.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.