Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
What are you most proud of? >

What are you most proud of?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What are you most proud of?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default What are you most proud of?

What are you more proud of?

First Turkey you killed or the first turkey your partner killed that you called in?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

I'd say it's a tie. They were both jakes and they stand out more than all the big toms I've fooled.

ry
Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Hunted turkey for 4 yrs befor i got my first, man was i proud!!!, But a couple years later i called one in for my buddies kid, his first and i dont think anything i ever do as far as hunting goes will top that one!!! Untill of course, my boys hit the woods, few yrs to go on that tho.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

After 30 years of marriage my "partner" finally went turkey hunting with me. She killed a nice longbeard and I killed one of the other two gobblers with him. That was the first day she ever hunted turkey so it was really special to watch her pull it off and then turn it into a double.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

With out a doubt, calling in my son's first bird that he took this year. Neither of us will ever forget it. He is finally old enough (11) to want to hunt with me often and he has killed a deer and a turkey while we were out together in the last year.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

My very first longbeard that I called in myself. After that, it was mature birds only from then on. I did call in a jake for my nephew during the youth season, but I still have to say, it was my very first Mature bird by myself!!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Selfish as it sounds..... my proudest turkey moment was around my 30th bird.

I had hunted hard all season, dedicating pretty much all my time to calling in birds for other hunters. I had some good karma credit built up.

It was the last three days of the season, and on the piece of property I was hunting (which I knew very very well) I hadn't heard a bird gobble all year long. I knew they were there, I just knew they weren't talking.

Long story short, I patterned a bird and learned his routes and shot him at 530 in the afternoon. It was then that I kinda came full circle and realized just how much I had learned in the last 15 years of doing it.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

When I shot my 3rd bird on my 40th birthday using my great grand daddies 16 ga side by side black powder shotgun with silver inlays!

JW
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

I think the last bird was the special one. Each one is so different and SPECIAL!

In 2007 I killed my second Missouri Big Buck. In 1987 I killed my First it was a 8 Point that scored 151 3/8, 20 years later I kill the second it was a 10 Point that scored 150.

NOTHING, get my blood bolling like a Big Gobbler. The antisapation is mind boggling.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, seeing as that I called in and killed my first gobbler yesterday, I would have to go with that! Right now, I can't see anything topping it, but I have never called for someone else. Maybe later this season. It was a lot of hard work, as you all know of course, patterning birds and a gun, learning to call and when not to and all that stuff. Payoff was SWEET!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.