Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Should I buy a Pretty Boy? >

Should I buy a Pretty Boy?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Should I buy a Pretty Boy?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I buy a Pretty Boy?

Is the Pretty Boy decoy (set?) worth buying? Im getting sick of having toms hang up out of range and am starting to think its the lack of realism in my decoys thats getting to them. Should I buy this decoy?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
JW
Super Moderator

No - look at the Primos brand first!

JW
Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
No - look at the Primos brand first!

JW
I would agree, I think the Primos are also more mobile!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, just ordered it.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that you brought them;

I'll try to talk you through it by using the link to the picture of the decoy.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...box.jsp.form23

Cut along the line where the "colored portion" of the wing meets the black body, it's a fairly obvious line in the "shell" of the decoy.

Just cut a "slit" along that wing line.......................make it a hair longer so it can "slip" in the "slit" you made.

Place your hand on the underside of the "slit" and push on the "shell" of the decoy and slide the FANNED wing in; the tension will hold it in place.

You know that you have to "preserve" the tail & the wings with salt or borax in a "fanned-out" position for +/- 3 weeks first - Right ?

One thing is that the stake that the decoy comes with is a little short for the "real" wings; so that the wings touch the ground.

You can either cut the bottom of the wings or push the wings futher up into the "shell" of the decoy.

I liked the wings touching the ground this past weekend because it was really windy, and the decoy was moving plenty without "bobbing" on it's stake.

Lastly, make a cardboard "panel" for the tail and wings to transport them back and forth into the field.

It come with a carry back pack styled bag (put your cardboard "panel" in the carry bag with the "panel" flat against your back)....................go get'em !!!

BTW - I've used "other" decoys plenty..................not anymore !
Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You've made a great choice, the PB is a great decoy. Plus it looks a LOT better than the B-mobile. I honestly don't see how they have the fans that they do.... I think folks just by them simply because they are Primos fanboy and buy anything with that label attached.

Granted you can crumple a B-mobile up and cram it into a vest if ya had to.... but how many people really do that anyway ?!?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys.

Sheridan- I'll most likely be using a real fan on it, but i dont have any wings, so ill have to use what it came with.

Is the decoy easy to transport/setup?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

It comes with a strapped back pack type bag. All you need is a rock to bang in the stake with. Use the dowel (I cut it a little shorter and taped some soft material on each end) to spread the hen body wide enough so the wind can't blow it over.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

I just got one, tossed on a real jake fan and I LOVE it!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Spike

Awesome choice, you won't be disappointed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.