Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Patience: How do you combat tired butt? >

Patience: How do you combat tired butt?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Patience: How do you combat tired butt?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

Gobbler lounger from Cabelas. I've got a bad back too. Without the Gobbler lounger, there would be no way. It is a little bit to carry, but you'll love it when you get there. I use a shooting stick in with mine and have a nylon loop sewn to my vest shooting shoulder. Set the chair up stick the stick in the ground, put the butt of my gun in the loop and I have both hands free for box, slate calls or twittling my thumbs when they aren't gobbling and I'm waiting in a good area. I bring this set up....up, because with the bad back, this allows me some freedom to move my legs which helps relieve pressure on my back after I've set in position for a while. Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted in a pop up blind for the first time ever (for turkey) last weekend. My son and I waited until the birds came to us. It took about 2 hours and there they were. Sure I called, but I won't claim to have called these in.

The blind and hunt was great for him, but wasn't what I enjoy about turkey hunting. I now realize the run and gun is what I like. If my butt starts hurting and one isn't coming (that I know of), I am moving on.

No offense intended, but I just don't share the pleasure of sitting in a computer chair, stuff strapped on and propped up waiting for a turkey to show up. I do understand that a hunter with a sore back has no other solution so I empathize. Just not my cup of tea.

My answer to a sore butt is to move. Just be sure to let out a couple of sweet sounding yelps and purrs beforehand.